The Forums will be down, Sunday, November 26th starting 9 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online. Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. Update 2: I'm moving the upgrade to 9 AM Sunday.
I agree Squadron in both colors are great for scratches,and minor filling of tiny holes but I found Tamiya GRAY to be the best for this and the best non catalyzed putty I've used. I know Tamiya makes another putty in white but never tried it. I agree also that the Testors isn't too great but I've gotten it to work on a few occasions when I ran out of the Tamiya.I would squeeze it out of the tube and give is a quick stirring with a razor blade,or exacto blade before applying it since it tends to seperate in the tube (and it dries VERY fast too). I've found also that using thick CA glue ,or even melting sprue works better in many cases over using putty. I guess what I should say is use whatever works best for YOU.If you like Squadron and it works for you,hey stick with it. =)
correct. the 2LB Chevy is a 55 150 I believe.But don't let that discourage from building as close to the 2LB Chevy as you can.I'm building the American Graffiti Bob Falfa's 55 Chevy (which is actually the same car as the 2LB ) out of the AMT 55 Street Machine which is not the same 55 but close enough for me. Build on and can't wait to see how it turns out.
I was thinking of somehow combining the parts from the MPC Firefighter Pro Stock Mustang I have and the Twister Vega chassis to somehow make it better.The Firefighter chassis has no tubs either so i'll have to figure something out.
Aww That's heart breaking and it was looking great too .This happened to me also when I was doing my Acura.If you do it right away,a dip in purple power degreaser for a day or so should take that paint right off and back down to plastic. Don't worry It happens to many of us.Even those of us that have been doing it for years.That's why I keep a tub of purple power degreser on stand by "just in case"
Done.Or as done as it's going to be for now! After a couple of years of not building,I feel very rusty and had a hard time keeping my hands steady when doing detail work.Hopefully the next one comes out better because things went wrong with this but I was able to fix them the best I could.It's not perfect but I'm satisfied with it.I'm not sure about the wheels and how far they stick out so I may shorten them later and they a bit straightening out.The decals being no good was a bummer but it looks ok without them.And I don't feel like bugging Revell for a new set right now.I used a different air intake pipe since I wasn't too crazy about the stock one.I may build a stock looking airbox later and use a different muffler.I didn't like the clear tail lights so I masked them,and the spot where the reverse lights are and sprayed the inside with Testors Transparent Candy Red.The headlights were a bit of a nightmare but got them the best I could. I didn't have the stock front valance so I used the custom one.One thing I hate about white paint is how easy dust and stuff shows as you can probably see in the pics. (even though I wiped the model off I still ended up with dust,lol)