Thanks guys! I found some Good Year polyglass decals so I'm gonna put them on the tires later tonight.. They're from the Revell Ford Talladega kit (from 1998 when they had branded raised letter tires and made in the USA kits)
Thanks! It's pretty much done now.. Just needs to be cleaned of finger prints and the glue in the rear tail lights to dry and then I'll take some nicer pics of it. I'm very happy with how it turned out!
Thanks for the compliment! It takes a bit of sanding and fitting to get the engine to fit together tight.. Not so much work with Revell kits, but AMT are another story! Haha
I got a lot accomplished tonight.. The interior tub is done (the chrome around the gauge bezels is a little to big for scale but it is what it is!) it's starting to look pretty good! Next is the rear and front assemblies.
Thanks for the compliments guys! Thanks for the compliment on the Swinger.. It's been a labour of love bringing it back from the dead! Nice to see a lot of mopar/bodymen on this forum!
1970 had separate shoulder belts (up on the roof) so there were two seatbelts towards the center of the seats, one for the lap belt and the other for the shoulder belt.. The outer lap belts towards the door were retractable so it shouldn't be laying on the seat.
Rims done in flat aluminum/flat steel for the Mexican hat and Flat black wash.
the AMT tires were to small for this kit so I went with the tires that came with this kit.. They're no name like any typical new Revell kit but they'll do!
Thanks! It's Testors enamel light brown. I prefer testors enamels when brushing because the paint stays wet while doing fine details. Tamiya acrylics suck with the brush IMO.. Air brushing they're awesome tho! With tamiya acrylic It dries as fast as you apply it and goes on to thick.
Thanks for the compliments guys! You're not hi jacking the thread by any means! Thanks, it's a pretty rare car being a 340 4 speed car (EV2 with black interior) it was a total restoration, I almost replaced every panel except the roof structure! I have about 3000hrs in metal work on it. Yes it's a Windsor Ontario car. A lot of people didn't believe it was black underneath originally but I had a lot of proof that it was.. Windsor cars were supposedly the grey. I'm using a badger dual stage air brush with my large garage compressor. I'm not sure on the air pressure since the gauge is broken, but I always go by the sound of the air coming out of the air brush.. I find that's the best way to set them since different paints (acrylic, lacquer or enamel) spray differently and thinning plays the biggest part.
The underside of your challenger looks great! Here is a pic of my 1970 swinger that I'm doing.. Mine was dipped in black and I gave it the overspray like it was originally. Different plants had a grey and I thought the Challengers were grey underneith.. Oops! I found some pics online with a grey underside but wasn't 100% sure. Do the older chevelle monogram kits have any printing on them? I hate that Revell gives you no name tires.. There older kits seem to have branded tires.
Thanks guys! 1972coronet is correct. Mopar was pretty messy with paint back in the day, which is why the exhaust manifolds have overspray on them as well as the bellhousing.
picked up some tires for this build. The T/A is supposed to have slightly larger tires in the rear but I'll probably just end up running the larger L60 tires of the AMT set since this model is 1/24 scale and the tires are meant for 1/25.
Thanks for the compliments guys! I scribed the panel lines before paint to make them deeper. Once it was painted I filled the panel lines in with thinned tamiya flat black acrylic and wiped the excess away with acrylic paint thinner on a rag. I did correct the front valence as well, good eye! I also added the panel line between the rocker and fender.
I also added all the decals to the body after clear coat because I didn't want them shiny.. They are supposed to be Matt back, even without clear oat they're a little to shiny for my liking but it's close enough.
I finished up the air cleaner and BMF'd the exhaust tips. I also have to black out the wheel wells on the body to simulate the factory undercoating.