Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

PatW

Members
  • Posts

    3,407
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by PatW

  1. I washed and dried the kit, masking off where the blue was to go and spray painted that area. After a few days of drying I peeled off the masking tape added the front and rear bumpers and laid up all of the decals and they were just superb! On finishing the rolling chassis, I added the windows after painting the black areas. I then attempted to add the body to the chassis and found that difficult, as the body didn't stretch as far as it needed to. This took off the front bumper ruining the beautiful multi coloured top decal! I debated whether I should attempt to remove all of that decal or leave it as 'a shunt that had happened on the previous stage'! I re-attached the front bumper using super glue, cut the front attachment pins from the chassis., and re-assembled the body chassis. Now in place I added the smaller items to the body, tyre decals from stash, exhaust alloy tubes, mud flaps and front night driving stage lamps. 

    photo-vi.jpg

    photo-vi.jpg

    And later it was seen outside the workshop..

    photo2-vi.jpg

    photo3-vi.jpg

  2. We've all had the same experience with this awful kit, although I have another on the shelf, only because I've wanted a real one since I don't know when! But you have made a great job of it, well done!

  3. On 7/18/2022 at 3:10 PM, Bainford said:

    Do a search for fusee chain. It is a small roller chain, prototypically correct for motorcycle drive chain, and is used in watch making & repair. It is available in several small sizes, one of which would be a good size for a 1/9 motorcycle. The stuff can be found on ebay and similar sources, or perhaps available from old watch/clock repair shops.

    Hi Trevor, my plastic chain has fallen apart again whilst trying to finish the build! I shall take a measurement of the length I need and look at few that I've seen on ebay. Thanks for the info.

  4. Thank you all for your input. Unfortunately I'm in the UK, so things to do with detailing any model is in very short supply. I've been able to mount two cables at present from the brake levers down to the brake calipers on the front forks. These were by using mini drills and brass/copper wire and the kit plastic tubing. I hope to add the rear brake caliper and various other small tubing on the frame today.  

×
×
  • Create New...