Thanks Brad for the encouragement. Yes, now and then I take a break to do some 2-dimensional art. Always like seeing your updates as well. Dave, thanks. I wish I had taken more measurements of the real car. Hindsight, right? Now that the car is in the hands of a collector, I'll be estimating the sizes I don't have. Tim, thanks as well. I appreciate the offer and all the help you've given before. Valuable. I don't think I'll have to cut the bottle too much. Thanks guys for looking. The fun part comes when I try to Alclad the rear rims. John has given me some great tips.
The hoses are now attached to the puke tank and the rear shelf is on. I mocked up the bottle and battery on the shelf to see how the interior tin would fit, and it won't. I'll have to shorten the air bottle. Arrrghh. Holes are drilled in the shelf for the battery hold down. Thanks for looking.
Mr Pugh, this is looking really good so far. I like the way you chucked your tires to rid them of the mold line. Looking forward to more updates. I know some of the cars back then had black interiors which I never understood because it seems like the sun would make them even hotter.
Fantastic job Tim. It is turning out great. For the trans blanket, try what I did.....I took a label from a t-shirt because of the small, tight weave and sprayed it flat black. Looking forward to more of this here at ModelCars University classroom.
Brad, just went through this build but the first couple pages didn't show any photos. That sucked. I COULDN'T SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING !! So I forwarded to the last page and voila, a great looking weathered build. I'm looking forward to what's next.
Thanks Dave. The in-progress pics I downloaded. The finished pics in the shop I took myself. I was really glad to find these in-progress shots. They've helped a lot. I might add the holes to that back shelf, but I think it might make it too fragile.