[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      General Usage   05/10/2017

      If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

ClayK

Members
  • Content count

    116
  • Joined

  • Last visited

2 Followers

About ClayK

  • Rank
    MCM Friend

Previous Fields

  • Scale I Build
    1/24

Profile Information

  • Location
    Avon, IN
  • Full Name
    Clay Kemp

Recent Profile Visitors

4,039 profile views
  1. top dragster scratch build

    Outstanding! Love that metal work Sherm!
  2. top dragster scratch build

    Awesome as usual Sherm. That clutch pack is incredible!
  3. I'm so happy to see you building the Goose's car John. You are tearing it up so far! Love the mock up shots.
  4. '14 Austin Dillon DOW Chevy SS

    A quick somewhat box stock build using the Revell Snap Chevy SS kit. I added new side skirts, and a new front splitter from sheet plastic. Paint is PPG basecoat black and white, cleared with Omni 2 part clear, then polished out. Decals are from Powerslide. I'll do some mild interior detailing, and a few external details. Mainly I do these for paint practice, and because they look great once built up. I filled in the molded kit roof flap borders, and replicated them with Powerslide's new roof flap border decals. Clay
  5. 1/16 Ed Pink "OLD MASTER" Dragster

    Finally got some time to take some pics of my front end progress. I ordered some stainless steel hypodermic tubing from Amazon for all the linkages. They slid right over the #1507 RB Motion rod ends. Right now everything is temporally held together with brass bolts. When I put everything back together I will make sure I get the right nuts and bolts on to hold it together properly. things are a floppy mess right now. Thanks for looking. Clay
  6. 1/16 Ed Pink "OLD MASTER" Dragster

    Thank you guys....I've made a lot of progress on the front suspension. Should have an update soon.
  7. Wildlife Racing, 1972 Top Fuel

    Nice job! Good lookin' dragsters.
  8. This one will be awesome! Great start already. I'm cheering for you Batman!
  9. Hey guys, long time since I've posted here. Started this project a few weeks ago, and I hope to have it done by November. I've started a few of these full scratch built 1/16 dragsters and keep getting hung up on one thing or another. But so far this one is going pretty smooth. I drew up the chassis in Illustrator and made a scale set of plans to work from like I normally do with projects like this. The majority of the frame is 3/32 tube, with smaller rod for the braces. I know some like to only use solid brass rod for chassis, but I find by using tube I get cleaner joints because the excess solder will get pulled into the tube. Making for a lot less clean up. Here's the real restored car. I hope mine looks some where close to as cool as this one does. Here's the chassis so far. Big thanks to Chris S. and Tim H. for their help and guidance as I get going on this thing. Tim has been a big help with getting my brass work and soldering better. I've also been working on the front suspension. I bent the front axle from brass rod and tube. Small brackets are brass etch from Dirt Modeler. Front radius rod brackets are brass square tubing filed to the right shape and soldered in place. I also machined the steering knuckles and soldered the axles in place. The brass torsion bar mounts and aluminum plates were also machined. These will all bolt up with .8 MM nuts and bolts. And a quick mock up. Thanks to Chris for the front tires and wheels! Hopefully I can get the front end all finished up here soon. Thanks for looking... CK
  10. You blow me away Tim.....unreal work so far! Clay
  11. Great to hear you had such a fun week at GSL. And congrats on the awards! I must say, I've spent the past few days going back to the start and going all through the build again. I had forgot some of the problems you had, and how you pushed through them and came out better for it. This model is so inspirational and impressive. It will only get better once get get into the wiring and finer details. Clay
  12. I don't know what to say anymore Tim. You just keep getting better and better. Some fantastic machining there! Clay
  13. WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

    Ah, yes...there was more building than photo taking those last few days before I left for Atlanta! The car is pretty well finished. I do want to add a few more things. These pics were about two days before I left. So it is even further along than these.... The paint is HoK Tru Blue pearl at the back fading into HoK Candy Cobalt, faded into black. Then I masked off the flames and put a base of white down, with a quick coat of pearl white over that. Then I airbrushed the yellow and orange. Once unmasked I cleared everything with a couple coats of Omni 2 part clear. After that cured for a few days I polished it smooth, and re-cleared it to even out the falmes and make everthing smooth. I added the decals, then hand bordered the flames and the "Problem CHild" with One Shot lettering emamel. Clay
  14. WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

    Chris I use Testors Acryl flat black jar paint for the hoses. More engine work....I used a Shapeways Lenco tranny. I made the blanket from medical tape, and the straps and hardware are Studio 27 seat belts. I scratch built the shifter and machined the shifter pots. Just need to finish off the air lines. I've also got more fuel lines on, as well as all of the throttle linkages. Just a few more things and the engine can be installed for good. Clay