These are some of the earliest pictures I've seen of the truck showing its 1st power plant. Best I can remember it was basically robbed straight out of the A990 based Race Hemi bins back then I used to have the original build article ( lost it in a PC crash a few years ago ) That is killer for details on how it was built
I hate to hear of any company going bellyup. Especially a smaller hobbyist owned company like them . But to be honest, It would have zero effect on me. Actually I could never buy another kit in my life time and I have enough stashed away to take me to the end of my days .
The past few years Ive been stocking up my planned retirement builds stash. And to be honest 90% of them have been old annuals not produced in the past 30-40 years . The other 10% has been extremely selective as to subject matter,,,,,irregardless of manufacturer.
I don't build much outside box stock anymore. Ive done my share of drilling and wiring up dist caps and engines for many years in the past. Now if I want to and that kind of detail ( which is rare anymore ) . I use these,,,,,might I suggest http://www.madmodeling.com/store/ for $5 ea. how can you go wrong
My wife is very supportive. Although shortly after we starting dating many years ago . I think she asked herself what she was getting into when I paid over $100 for a model car . But she soon realized I had a good idea what I was doing when I sold same kit for well over $200 . Now ,,,, when I paid over $500 for a kit I think she thought I lost my friggen mind . I realized having that kind of money tied up in one kit was crazy, so soon sold it and got all my investment back out of it . Although she wonders sometimes just how I can sit there for hours on end and work with all those tiny pieces. And both my daughters think they're cool. ,,, my youngest has even built a few herself. But school and high school soccer and a part time job pretty much takes up most of her time . Hopefully she'll build again. My wife and both daughters have been around old cars since day one. She knew what she was getting into and decided to stick around anyway. ( thanks babe ) Plus both my girls have been raised in and around old cars from the day they were born. ( my oldest came home from the hospital in a blue 1969 GTX convertible when she was born ) And BOTH of them want some old car of there own at some point in there life. My wife is starting to say we need to get another old car ,,,soon. I just realized its been almost 10 years since I sold my 1970 Challenger 340 . Yep, time to start looking for another one for the garage .
Mailman dropped of Johan 1960 Plymouth wagon and 1963 Plymouth Fury kits ,,,, both are unbuilt . Ive been thinking I need to get one of the wagon kits for a while now. Just always out of my price range for something that's not in my top 10 want list
The 63 Fury kit I already have a couple, but it was priced right so I grabbed it as well. In the pile it goes