Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'gokart'.
Happy New Year to you all. I think and ponder too much, and then finally translate my thoughts into plastic and other media. This in not a good formula for getting a lot done, but I enjoy it. Here's my completed builds for 2011 32 Ford Sedan 57 Chevy Black Widow convertible
Alyn posted a topic in Model Trucks: Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light CommercialHere's the newly improved version of my scratch built go-kart. I put it under glass a few weeks ago, but some good eyes caught the lack of a fuel tank. I added that as well as numerous other details. Very worth while, as the added detail has really brought this thing alive. So here's the completed model: and finally, one more parked next to my new fence...
Sixties Sam pointed out the lack of a gas tank on my go-kart. I had intended to build one, but it got lost in the details and I failed to do so. So now, to do things absolutely backwards, I will be doing a WIP after the under glass post which can be found here: http://www.modelcars...showtopic=46225 A translucent white plastic tank would probably be more appropriate, but I had the look of metal in my mind, so that's what it will be. I will also add a bit more detail, so the plan is as follows: 1. gas tank, filler cap and mounting platform 2. brake line and master cylinder 3. fuel line 4. throttle cable and carb linkage 5. added support for muffler (kinda hangs out in the air a bit ) 6. digital panel on the steering wheel with control wire going to electronic module 7. (in consideration) front sheet metal panel over steering shaft with spyder decal. (very scarry) First off, a platform was designed to fit between the frame rails. Small diameter tubing was cut in half to provide a saddle mount. Here's how it sits in front of the steering mount upright. for the tank itself, a couple of small chunks of styrene were carved into a basic shape and then wrapped with sheet styrene. here's the basic components fit into place I used a bit too much Ambroid to assemble the tank and ended up with a couple of dents, so some body work was required to straighten it out. A few coats of putty and gray Plastikote primer got it back into shape. Then it was wet sanded with 600 grit and shot with some craft store chrome. The hole in the top is for the filler cap. You can also see in this picture that I've started on a red anodized brake line. go