Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'machined'.
Hello Everyone! As promised and for those who are interested, I am posting some pics of another of my previous completed build. I didn't want to overload the site with all the same photos on 2 threads so you can see all the photos that were posted in the VIP section using the following link: Take care, Francis
Hello Everyone! As promised and for those who are interested, I am posting some pics of another of my previous completed build. On this thread you will see my drag racing version of a HEMI 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 1/25 scale. The production of the 426 HEMI ended in 1971 and was obviously not available for the 1972 model year but since it’s a drag car and not any kind of tribute build I decided to implant the elephant under the hood… Like for my ’70 Dart Swinger, this build is also less detailed than the ’70 Plymouth GTX (my last completed build) and it was done with more plastic components but still pretty well detailled for a model car that I built roughly 10 years ago. Some of the machined parts are less elaborate than my most recent versions but still decent with all the final details added. As you know, we all have to start somewhere and gain experience to do better... As with my other older builds, I can't remember if I took a lot of picss during the build process, but I can't find more than what is posted in this thread. Some photos are blurry or overexposed so I will try to take new ones with a better-lit environment when the weather and time permit. The body shell is an original annual MPC kit that I bought on ebay several year prior the build. The car was already built but unpainted so I had to dismantle it to save the body shell. I used the floor pan and engine bay from the latest AMT version of the 71 Dodge Charger as a donor for this project. The engine block and transmission are from the ’69 Dodge Charger Revell/Monogram Pro Modeler kit that was also used as a donor on various of my builds. The body is painted FC7 Plum Crazy using Model Master lacquer topped with 6 coats of Tamiya gloss coat and polished with Detail Master polishing cloths starting with 3600 thru 12000 grit. Novus 2 stage polishing compound and Meguiar’s Carnauba wax were used to complete the job. Strobe stripes are from Keith Marks. I spent countless hours (I had not done precise follow-up) over a 15 month period working on this build from the beginning of January 2010 to late March 2011. Comments and questions are welcome, so don't hesitate to ask if you would like more information! Take care, Francis Trunk floor engraving. Transmission support in milling vise. Piece of frame made with styrene. Dana cover in milling vise. Front spindle with brake disc and resin caliper. Brake drum in the rotary table. Aluminum machined Centerline mags. Machined gas tank with brass straps. Aluminum leafsprings. Rear end components. Driveshaft Safety Loop. Hemi heads progress. Aluminum machined tunnel ram Intake Holley carbs (pretty crude design). Modified front grille. Scratch built B&M shifter. Completed model pics with hood. Without hood. Front view with brass grille and Alclad painted bumper. Back view showing modified bumper and gas cap. Side view (sorry for the overexposed pic). Interior. Trunk details Underside view I know, I know, the safety loop is not properly positioned... Underhood, the elephant!