Search the Community
Showing results for tags '1:32 scale'.
Started Spring 2006 I’m calling it done. (Finished 6/30/22) It was built to represent the Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis that my dad had restored. It’s painted in the correct cloud white over desert rose. I used Testors classic black to complete the tri-tone color. Dad’s Chrysler I started with a built model I got off EBay and a reissued customizing kit. It was a fight all the way and I’m not at all pleased with the outcome. When I started this project I thought it would be a breeze to paint since the multi-piece body came together along the chrome. I should have been able to paint each piece separately and then assemble it. The poor fit of the parts where the rear deck, side panels and roof, especially on the right side, came together made it necessary to assemble body first and smooth out the seems. Foiling the chrome was also a challenge working along the seems. It’s definitely not my best work. I did add the factory air conditioner that’s located under the package shelf. I scratch built the center vent. The MoPar master parts book indicated that there is a vent on either side as well. The illustrations in the parts book looked like speaker grills so that’s what I used. 😉 My dad’s AC worked very well and was really appreciated in Roswell, NM!The engine bay was well represented for the era. I goofed here. The valve covers should have been gold. I wanted the herringbone pattern on seats to stand out so I scraped the paint off after painting them white. This was tedious and, as you can see, the result isn’t perfect. The wheel covers, grille, bumpers, and taillights were stripped and painted with Alcad. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.
I was getting a little frustrated with my '39 Chevy, so I decided to throw together a "quick build" to regain my perspective. I've had this 1:32 scale Pyro '32 Chevy cabriolette in the stash for a while and I figured it would be just the thing to relieve some stress: Low parts count, small scale, and a kit for which I didn't have high expectations in the first place; I was under the impression that the early Pyro kits were less than stellar. Well, we all know what Robert Burns had to say about the best laid plans of mice and men.... Actually, it did serve its purpose. I now have a finished model to look at instead of a mountain of parts, materials and sketches. But seeing the result of "throwing it together", I now wish I had spent more time to bring out the kits potential. Other than having a few parts missing (horns, landau irons, windshield and head light lenses), it's not a bad little kit. By the way, I'll be coming back to this one when I'm done with the '39 to fix the mess I made trying to touch up the steering wheel after I had installed it. Also, the headlights look funny because they're filled with Micro chrystal clear which hasn't fully cured yet. Thanks for looking in, and as allways, please feel free to share your thoughts.