Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Jimmy Flintstone'.
Found 3 results
I had posted a teaser on my 2013 model thread, here's what's on the bench right now. This is a replica of a van a buddy-0-mine drove back in the summer of 1978 when we delivered pizzas in Holmdel, NJ for Luigi's Pizza. Most famous customer? Bruce! He lived on Holmdel Road at the time. Anyway, this project is older than dirt, from back when Jimmy first poured this body. I did the paint job and put all the parts in the box. There were a few things that stumped me at the time, back before PCs and home printers. Now those things are just a piece of cake! We are officially up on wheels for the first time. The chassis is complete, wheels and tires are glued in place. Note that the truck was brush painted so the jagged lines etc are intentional. One dirty white wall, a loner from the bottom of my tire box. It's randomly placed, I had all four tires face down on the bench and just put them on as they were sitting. One of the things that kept this one in the box back before we had computers and such was the graphic Don had painted himself. Of course this one is printed from an Internet image of the original, modified and reduced to fit. I didn't want to mess with masking off the entire truck, so I painted some clear decal stock silver, then printed the image on clear. So it's two decals, kinda Cady decal style. And in this picture you can see how my printer is screwing up right now. At least you can't see it by eye on the truck because it's a small decal. As I worked I remembered more about the truck, and that it was an old Bell Telephone van. So I stopped production to run out and get some Testors Olive Drab. I masked off the truck and shot the inside of the shell. Then I did the extra pieces like door panels. Then I worked on the interior a bit. This is just mocked up, but I did the seat weathering and added belts. Carpet is an adhesive sheet. I honestly don't remember what color carpet he had in it, but I had red and needed to get some colors into the truck. And I don't remember the exact decor, but I had these saved with the project (from an old BMG Record Club flyer) so I just had to use them! And yes, the real truck looked just like this. Letters will be done with Alclad. The project is at the point that I can't stop thinking about it, so I will be back at it tomorrow!
Good morning Buddies, today i present you my 1957 Chrysler 300 C Sportswagon based on the amt-kit (#38545), i only used the roof from a Jimmy Flintstone body while the quality and thickness was more bad than good. JF has some better stuff like this one i got! I scratchbuilt the interieur and the trunklid section. Lowering the suspension, some wiring in the enginebay, selfmade windows/BMF and Alclad for chromeparts as always completed this beauty in my view. On the licensplate the name of my beloved girlfriend who is the "designer" and gave me the concept for colors. i "only" was the builder to make her vision true ;-) Some pictures ...more coming up...
My second completed build of the year was started as part of the Hot Rod CBP build at the end of 2011. I began with a Jimmy Flintstone resin body and interior and combined these with the remnants of a Revell Speedwagon kit and an MCG photoetch sheet. Paint is straight from the rattlecan, Tamiya Dark Metallic Blue with Corsa Grey on the roof, which looks more like Corsa Blue to my tired old eyes. The wheels/tyres are from the Revell 'California Wheels' 1967 Chevelle. I actually ended up modifying the Revell interior to fit the body and painted this Tamiya Light Pearl Blue and Dark Metallic Blue. Aluminium tube was used to create the front and rear spreader bars (rear one not visible on photo ) And yes, it has already been pointed out that maybe I should have bobbed the rear fenders - the same was said about my fendered AMT Phantom Vicky last year - maybe I'll do it next time before I paint and glue the fenders to the chassis . Thanks for looking.