Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'barracuda'.
Found 5 results
I'm building the c.2000 Street Machine version of the ol' Monogram 1971 'Cuda for my girlfriend . Painted FM3 Moulin Rouge (came out quite nice) with SRX9 interior . I applied the white Billboard decals ; approached it with much apprehension due to the age of the decals . I test-ran the "HEMI" windscreen banner on a piece of painted scrap plastic ; came out nicely ( too bad that the China-made decals don't last for 20 years ! ) , even with the setting solution . Then I applied the V6W stripes ( a tiny bit of hand soap and water on the body ; warm water to release the decals ) then brushed them with the setting solution , and then walked-away ( hahaha ) . They set impressively well , especially given their age . However , some wrinkles did develop (around the door handles and near the wheel well lip) , and I want to rectify the wrinkles : Should I : * Slice the wrinkles with a new , sharp #11 * Brush more setting solution * Hope for the best Please share your advice / experiences . Thanks .
The ‘cuda experiment
Superbird McMonte posted a topic in WIP: Model CarsRecently I painted an AAR ‘cuda in Panther Pink. I went to apply clearcoat the other day and it went horribly wrong. The paint built up too much in certain areas are then hardly any in others. So I decided to strip it with Easy-Off. Well, that didn’t work. Clearcoat was hard as nails! I was about to trash it when I thought I’ve got nothing to lose by putting it in the bead blaster. I really expected it just to get blown apart. But to my surprise it worked! And quite well I made it. A day later the car is back in prime. And waiting for more Panther Pink! Halfway through I considered doing a barn find! Maybe next time!
Nice issue of the 1969 Barracuda funny car. Optional wheel sets, those sweet Racemaster tires, pretty nice new decal sheet with duplicates when we ham fist the pinstripes and lots of chrome with multiple reference pics on box. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AufQ45RtToo
Hard_2_Handle_454 posted a topic in Model CarsI think I did a pretty good job on these considering the kits weren't much.
'71 Plymouth Barracuda Pro Stock.
W-409 posted a topic in WIP: Drag Racing ModelsI bought this exactly two years ago as a Glue Bomb. Pictures of the starting point can be seen Here. So it is Jo-Han's Sox & Martin kit, which I decided to build as a Pro Stocker that could run in Nostalgia Events nowadays. First I took the whole thing apart and stripped the paint. The actual building process started from the engine, where I filled the metal axle hole in the engine block. After that I painted and assembled the engine. Those Spark Plug Wires were a real pain, since I've never liked making them and now I had to install 16 wires! Carburetors are original Jo-Han parts, but I drilled out the Carburetor Throats (?) and added the Nozzles (?). The carburetor linkage is built with Detail Masters' Photo Etch parts and metal wire. For the Chassis, I added a separate Front Axle system from my Parts Box. It fit with some cutting and slicing. Wheelie bars were added, too, as well as brake and fuel lines. Otherwise it's Box Stock. When I glued the engine on place, I built the fuel lines. They were done with Pro Tech Braided Line (Great stuff!). Those fittings were built from plastic tubing. Fuel Pressure Regulators were also scratchbuilt. The body needed some work before paint. I glued front and rear panels on place and smoothed the seams. Same thing with the Two-Piece Scoop. The hood pins were removed and later on I installed Photo Etch parts there. Paint is straight from a spray can and same thing with the clear coat. After those, I polished the body, but when I was removing masking tape from the body after polish, part of the clear coat came off just over the Hemi Decal. Luckily decal didn't damage, though. Windows are sheet plastic and I had to modify the rear bumber to make it fit. I added some length on the sides of it so it would match the body better. The chute is from Lindberg's '64 Dodge and I detailed it as well as I could. Also the Chromed Headlights were painted to make them look a bit more realistic. Well here are the pics.