Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'black'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • How To Use This Board
    • Model Building Questions and Answers
    • Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
    • Welcome! Introduce Yourself
    • General
  • Model Cars
    • On The Workbench
    • Under Glass
    • Drag Racing Models
    • NASCAR
    • Car Kit News & Reviews
    • Car Aftermarket / Resin
    • Trading Post
    • Wanted!
    • 1:1 Car Reference Pictures
  • Model Trucks
    • The Truck Stop
    • On the Workbench: Big Rigs
    • Under Glass: Big Rigs
    • On the Workbench: Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial
    • Under Glass: Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial
    • Truck Kit News & Reviews
    • Truck Aftermarket / Resin
    • Truck Kits or Parts to Trade, or Wanted / Requests
    • 1:1 Truck Reference Pictures
  • Other Models
    • Big Boyz
    • Dioramas
    • Diecast and Resincast Models
    • All the Rest
  • The Community
    • Model Club News and Announcements
    • Contests and Shows
    • Real or Model? / Auto ID Quiz
    • Community Builds
    • Auto Art
    • Where's Waldo?
    • Links, Advertisers, and Web Sites
    • The Off-Topic Lounge
  • Model Car Racing
    • Model Car Racing

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Yahoo


Skype


Facebook


Location


Full Name


Are You Human?


Scale I Build

Found 3 results

  1. I purchased a spray can of Testors Gloss Custom Transparent Black and was attempting to create tinted windows. My first attempt on some clear taillight covers from the junk box came out great after two light coats. However when I tried some car windows the results were not nearly as good. I laid down the first thin coat perfectly, however I wanted a slightly darker tint, so just like the taillights I put a second thin coat on. It looked fine going down, but when I went back to see how it turned out... well it looks all spotty now. Is there anything I can do to fix this? What did I do wrong, so I don't make the same mistake again?? Thanks
  2. This was a real fun build. I wanted to do the car like a person would have done it in the mid to late 60's. I always have had a love for street machines and when a buddy of mine clued me into a project he was doing it gave me a bit of a boost to get rolling with this one. So I grabbed a set of wheels, tires and a dash mounted tach and away I went. The whole project took 3 weeks to do and was painted using Tamiya paints. The clear however is Testors one coat. I made the flat taillights using clear plastic and shot them with Tamiya clear red. Having built this kit as a Kustom back when it was first issued, I knew what to expect along the way. Overall, I am very pleased with the results and would definitely recommend this kit to anyone looking to do a 57 ford.
  3. The Idea behind this build was to create an 80's street machine. You know, that boastful, arrogant, tire squealing jerk who would cruise up and down your local main strip listening to AC/DC and twisted sister honking and yelling at all the young girls on the sidewalk. Yea that car! A little background about the build. It started as an aerocoupe and after mucking up the paint on that body I decided to switch the body to flatback monte. It has fought me the whole way. First black paint job was sub-par so Into the brake fluid it went. Second attempt was black again with Tamiya black TS-14. After the mist coats were applied I sprayed the first heavy coat. Bam, Milky haze. No worries, some good advice from the good people at MCM and I was able to save it. Another heavy coat and everything came together. This build has been a lot of first for me. Many parts were scratch build and I really have taken my time with it. I promised myself no new kits until I see this one through. I will not let a black paint job defeat me On with the Pictures Beginning stages of the scratch made cowl hood Black paint job Custom fuel tank, fuel filter Chassis 454, wired, custom headers, dipstick, ect. Interior primed Stance Rear view-exactly what I was going for with the gas tank. I still have lots to do-Have a couple small paint flaws to work out, 3200-12000 and a good ole buff should take care of that. Interior will receive flocking, roll bar, and racing details. Thanks for looking, comments always welcome! Cheers, m!ke
×
×
  • Create New...