Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'buggy'.
Found 2 results
Hey I have had this fun little project in the past few days. this 1969 showrod kit went together very nice. the plans was missing so I built it from pictures not really a problem with this one. but I also had my first encounter with Waterslide decals on this kit. but I was really surprised how good that turned out. only struggled with the one inside the sink. but they where also 48 years old but they still went on straight (and no silvering ) i did break the Horn so had to leave it out . i then wired up the engine and added a distributor , it also has custom wheels ill explain them further down. The Rims and Tires. i want to use the originals for another project , so i had to make / get some replacements . the front pizza cutter wheels are from a old Meccano Engineer set. And the rear Slicks are Actually 6 wheels put together . 2x 1:32 scale Siku diecast Terra style Rear tractor Tires. with the thread grinded off with a dremmel and then sanded with sandpaper . and inside those (for rims) i have 2 metal wheels with rubber tires (from yet another engineers set) in each side . this was my second build and i enjoyed the time with it over a couple of days it turned out pretty good. its a wacky thing for sure ..
My last few builds have been a bit of a brain-fry, so I decided to have a bit more fun with kit building. These Zingers really captured my imagination and the more I found out about the original creations, the more I wanted to build the whole set. Next, I'll build the Super Drag Zinger and the VW Beetle Zinger (got an original kit on eBay for $20, as Round 2 don't seem to have licencing rights to the Beetle) It was a lot of fun...except the point where I discovered the printed instructions were wrong, and the valley-cover is on the wrong way round, meaning the magneto is at the wrong end of the engine. I wigged-out about this, screwed-up the instruction sheet and ranted about it for 10 minutes, but it's actually no real problem. I just wanted to build it like the photos. I added plug wires and fuel lines and swapped the kit rear tyres for some SATCO M/T Sportsman's I had lying around in my parts box. I also added a bit of clear acetate for the 'screen. I hope this makes you smile... Thanks for looking