Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'fire truck'.
Found 3 results
This is my rendition of the Peterbilt Fire Truck in 1/25 scale by Revell of Germany. The kit represents a real pumper and my version is a bit closer to the real deal than the OOB would be. If bulit per instructions, the hood would open just a little because of the sirenes on the bumper. I placed them on a tilt panel with a piano hinge just like the real one. I also changed the engine and transmission as the real pumper is powered by a turbocharged Detroit Diesel and Allison automatic. This was followed by a change in the cab where I replaced the gear stick with a shifting column. I added some more details in the cab like the sun shades, the safety belts, a fire extinguisher and so on. The doors open on the scratch built, functional piano hinges. The crew cab is just a plain Jane as I have no idea what equipment might have been there. Also, there is no wiring around the chassis as it is hidden under the fire truck body. I added a few outter details like the instrument rims, the spanner wrenches, the fold up step, the chrome strips, the cat walks on top of the body and so on. I covered the hoses by a canvas made of aluminium foil. The chrome parts are combination of the kit´s chrome, the alclad metalizer, the Molotow chrome marker and a dull aluminium colour. The hood screen is a PE part by CTM. I also changed the tires as I don´t like the Revell´s retreaded tires. Thanks for looking.
Nice re-release from AMT. Over 100 chrome parts alone! Great tires as always too. This is the very first fire truck kit I've ever owned, pretty impressed with all the parts and detail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xe7ZN-Nkxw PS, does anyone know why linking to YouTube videos doesn't work anymore? I go to insert the media link using the icon at the bottom right "Insert other media" and it just spins and spins nothing. Been like that for weeks now.
Well, this one is finally done. I finished assembly last night by mounting the Federal "Q" siren to the hood and sent the truck to Owensville for mutual aid standby today. There was a lot of scratchbuilding that went into this build, and I can't even think of half of it. I know that I superglued 200 scale feet of 1 3/4 in hose (1/8 inch flat elastic) for the each crosslay, 50 scale feet of 1 3/4" hose in a roll for the front bumper, 200 scale feet of 4" hose (1/4" flat elastic) in the middle of the hose bed, 150 scale feet of 5 inch LDH (3/4 inch yellow electrical tape) attached to a hydrant assist valve, and then the two hose lays of 1 3/4" hose with one pre-connected to the back. The lightbar is the MX7000 from the Lindberg Dodge Charger police kit and I made the hose bed cover following RevnJeff's lint roller technique from The Scale Firehouse. I want to thank everyone that followed my five year long build of this truck. Now that it is finally done, I really want to do another one, but this time as a top mount with Grumman body work... Oh, I should point out that the truck made the journey up and back to the Cincinnati Challenge without any problems and was displayed with 1/25 scaled copy of the specification drawings I drew up when I was thinking this project over. However, the truck did have a mishap when I was handling it for the photos once I got back home. The rear light bracket came loose so the warning lights above the hose bed are flopping around in some of the pictures and it won't be fixed until I take it into my office for semi-permanent display...no use fixing it if I might break it again before Tuesday. Oh well, live and learn.