Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'groovy'.
Found 2 results
HI! I'm totally partial to the era of Funny Cars that looked like distinctive creations, not vinyl-wrapped sponsor's rolling logos. So... when I found this Model King 68 Cougar, I decided to create an imaginary late 60's "groovy" funny-car! The kit had a standard Logghe Stamping chassis (the norm for the era), but to my eyes, this very chassis was always "crude". So, from my stash, I mashed the MPC Wild Willy Borsch altered chassis/powertrain, modified and extended to match the Cougar wheelbase, while providing a more "digger style" chassis.. Throw in scratchbuild inner panels, headers, injector, linkage, fuel pump, rear body stanchions, and a few other items. Wired and plumbed. Home made decals, and a paint job that matches the flavor of the era (special effects panels, marbleizer-like textures, purple and lime green tints, etc. Revell clear lacquer, fully polished. Close your eyes, and think of the OCIR Cavalcade of Stars Coca-Cola funny-car events. That was the goal. Hope you like it! CT
Meyers Manx - 70's Metalflake Beach Buggy
Impalow posted a topic in Model CarsI finally finished something! This started as a dare/quick Box Stock project that went down a rabbit hole, I'm pretty happy with the results especially considering the funky old simplified kit. Here are some of the details: Paint= Duplicolor T-218 Midnight blue base with Painthuffer Metalflake "Micro Heisenberg" .004 dry flake sprayed in a carrier clear. Then a few healthy coats of automotive urethane clear. Headlights from Revell 1929 Model A, hood emblem is a prototype piece from Gary Kulchock Interior= Custom printed lotus flower pattern decals, piping from blue detail wire, Detailmaster photo-etched gauge surrounds and faces, scratch-built riser blocks under front seats. Wheels and Tires= Keystone Mags from AMT 1957 Chevy, Lips added to rears to increase offset, Alclad chrome finish, Big and Little white letter tires from Round2 Mustang. Engine= Stripped all chrome kit engine, carbs from Tamiya lotus super7, velocity stacks made from wire ferrules, scratch-built exhaust with megaphones made from paintbrushes, lathe turned pulleys, belt from electrical tape, wired/detailed and photo-etched bolt headed. Thanks for looking!