Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'monkey'.
Hello, I post it here, because the scale fits our cars, and they will eventually end up as cargo on a truck or in a van, so yea... Last week a friend of mine got me some stuff from Japan, I got some kits, books and Aoshima’s Honda Motocompos in 1:24 that my buddy pulled out of a vending machine… In the machines there are these eggs: And in these eggs are half built model kits, in my case these Motocompos. Honda Motocompo is one of the best inventions of the 80ies, they are tiny motorbikes that can be folded to about the size of a big suitcase, can be lifted by one person using handles in each corner, and there is even a car that was designed around the Motocompo (Honda City), where it fits perfectly in the trunk! These are sooo cool. I love them. I want one. I want the car too. But the best thing about them is that the Japanese not only made a tiny folding motorcycle, but that it’s not primitive, it has blinkers, lights, a speedo and whatnot. Interestingly, when you bought the car the bike was an option like a radio or a sunroof, but you could get the Motocompo without the car, and then it was shipped in a cardboard box! I built my Motocompo folded, I added brake cable, corrected the colors, removed the headlight (which was a pain because the plastic is hard as a rock) and replaced it with a photoetched item by CTM that fits perfectly, removed all seams and retouched everything. What I could, I took apart, cleaned and put together again. Sadly, the body of the bike is glued so that I can’t take it apart without ruining it, so I couldn’t correct everything I wanted… As a cherry on top, I made the cardboard box too. I will build one unfolded, one in really used (I have a pic of one of these with a wooden box instead of a seat), and one that will fit inside. This Motocompo gave me the kick to finish one of my other projects. Last year I got Aoshimas Honda Monkeys in 1/24 and started to modify one of them, took apart as much as I could, cleaned the bits and assembled them again, it got scratchbuilt handlebars, all cables, mirror, all lights, I repainted everything but the gas tank and the seat, and I gave it a layer of dry mud just to try it out… That’s how it turned out: