[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      Board Maintenance   03/14/2019

      The board is going offline Saturday, May 25th, from 9 AM PDT until 3 PM for a software upgrade. See posting in General.

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'restorod'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • How To Use This Board
    • Model Building Questions and Answers
    • Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
    • Welcome! Introduce Yourself
    • General
  • Model Cars
    • On The Workbench
    • Under Glass
    • Drag Racing Models
    • NASCAR
    • Car Kit News & Reviews
    • Car Aftermarket / Resin
    • Trading Post
    • Wanted!
    • 1:1 Car Reference Pictures
  • Model Trucks
    • The Truck Stop
    • On the Workbench: Big Rigs
    • Under Glass: Big Rigs
    • On the Workbench: Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial
    • Under Glass: Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial
    • Truck Kit News & Reviews
    • Truck Aftermarket / Resin
    • Truck Kits or Parts to Trade, or Wanted / Requests
    • 1:1 Truck Reference Pictures
  • Other Models
    • Big Boyz
    • Dioramas
    • Diecast and Resincast Models
    • All the Rest
  • The Community
    • Model Club News and Announcements
    • Contests and Shows
    • Real or Model? / Auto ID Quiz
    • Community Builds
    • Auto Art
    • Where's Waldo?
    • Links, Advertisers, and Web Sites
    • The Off-Topic Lounge
  • Model Car Racing
    • Model Car Racing

Calendars

  • Model Car Shows/Events

Found 1 result

  1. Gestation happened in my Monogram Ferrari 275P vintage kit review thread. I started by barely tacking the engine together and onto the chassis pan. Measured and drew plans to figure out where to chop and modify. I thought cutting down the engine components would help, and considering the way Revell engineered it, nobody would notice. Each surface was filed down before reassembling with just a little more glue, but still can separate to paint. Cut apart the plenum, air filter and canister part. Sawed off the engine bay sides. I sawed, and in some cases scribed and broke apart the chassis pan. The suspension is really non-existent, lower A-arms were easy to relocate. The back has been narrowed. Shortened the pan behind the front axle line. I glued all this with regular toxic Testors glue, and Flex-i-file liquid cement, much like welding. That way if I needed to adjust, could pull apart, and I could squirm it around for adjustment (supergluing does not allow this). I used the Dremel with this bit for everything, here I just removed the edge of the pan. I really cut apart the interior tub, with a saw, and filed down and straightened the cuts. I needed to keep this as a separate piece, for being able to get the struts in later. I tacked parts onto the pan, but welded all together as I went. I adjusted my plan as needed, kept the tunnel which will need some modification to the chrome trim part. I really like the tunnels, so cut off the rear body part, made several saw cuts. Front of the pan was sawed off, some Dremel grinding to shape, real rough at this time. But it all fits in great, and don't need an engine hump! Thinking of how to add fender flares, simple round bumps most likely. Still need to shorten front axles. Modified the rear, decided to keep the original grills, but going to be modified at the bottom, and will be mesh. Drilled holes for the Mondial taillights, have also done for the headlights. The valance edge will be refined later. I was going to have the exhausts exit through holes similar to the Mondial, but it will be easier (I hope) to direct down from the mufflers into the tunnels, and then back. Now I need to leave it alone, so the cement will cure. I discovered the body is twisted, so need to consider how to straighten with strategic body mounts using screws. The fender flares will be fun. Interior should have simple door panels, and dashboard. Need to figure out the radiator in front, thinking laid almost flat, with channels exiting before the wheels. Then when all that is done, cut off the engine lid, and then will need to fabricate chassis box thingies and framework continued from the engine part. Two more radiators in back, modify the body ducts. Then exhaust pipes. Then seats, I got some cool aftermarket units at the DSC show. Color, Ferrari red with a pearl overcoat. Dann will hate that.