Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'srt4 cuda'.
Found 1 result
Turbo 4cyl Cuda - DONE!! 3/21
Impalow posted a topic in WIP: Model CarsSo with my gremlin model almost under glass... I shifted my focus and attention over to the newer revell Hemi Cuda kit. My plan for this one is Pro-Touring with a Tuner twist: 3d Printed Neon SRT4 Turbo/Intercooled 2.4ltr 4cyl Engine Massive aftermarket turbo 6 speed Transmission Independent front and rear suspension Lots of Carbon Fiber Maybe brown with a camel interior? (still undecided here) Hopefully this is done for the Buckeye Classic show in march of next year, this kit was chosen for the "Ohio Challenge" this year. I have recently purchased a M3D Micro 3d printer, my goal was to use it as well as other bits of new technology to build this bad boy. The printer arrived about a week ago, and i have been playing with it non stop. First let me say, for the 349.00 this printer cost... its down right amazing... I went into this purchase knowing it was a filament based printer, and that my parts will need some clean up, and small detail parts may not even be possible. Well just a week into it, I am beyond impressed with its output.. and the photos show it. Now to be perfectly honest, I have printed probably over a dozen heads and blocks... a bunch of calibration stuff...It hasn't been easy... however I think I am finally getting the hang of this. First thing was to model the engine in the 3d software... I use FormZ for my day job, so I made this model in that software and exported it. Took about an hour Shiny new printer and kit.. Printer is very small, maximum print area is about 4.5" x 4.5" x4.5" Engine block printing! Each part takes about an hour to print at high resolution, so print, wait, inspect... adjust 3d model or printer settings then print again. My rough mock up parts... These arent the best yet... but you get the idea of size and scale. One of the cool things about the printer is the ability to do other things while it prints. Independent suspension from the C5R kit mates up nicely after some re-fabing on the rear frame section. Finally last night an acceptable (to me) Head and cam cover... Block is still in the works.