Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'tin'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • How To Use This Board
    • Model Building Questions and Answers
    • Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
    • Welcome! Introduce Yourself
    • General
  • Model Cars
    • On The Workbench
    • Under Glass
    • Drag Racing Models
    • NASCAR
    • Car Kit News & Reviews
    • Car Aftermarket / Resin
    • Trading Post
    • Wanted!
    • 1:1 Car Reference Pictures
  • Model Trucks
    • The Truck Stop
    • On the Workbench: Big Rigs
    • Under Glass: Big Rigs
    • On the Workbench: Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial
    • Under Glass: Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial
    • Truck Kit News & Reviews
    • Truck Aftermarket / Resin
    • Truck Kits or Parts to Trade, or Wanted / Requests
    • 1:1 Truck Reference Pictures
  • Other Models
    • Big Boyz
    • Dioramas
    • Diecast and Resincast Models
    • All the Rest
  • The Community
    • Model Club News and Announcements
    • Contests and Shows
    • Real or Model? / Auto ID Quiz
    • Community Builds
    • Auto Art
    • Where's Waldo?
    • Links, Advertisers, and Web Sites
    • The Off-Topic Lounge
  • Model Car Racing
    • Model Car Racing

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Yahoo


Skype


Facebook


Location


Full Name


Are You Human?


Scale I Build

Found 1 result

  1. I just dug out this project I have barely looked at in nearly 20 years. I never had a decent camera, when I was working on it, so I figured I'd take some new photos of it--the way they came out, you might not suspect that I have a decent camera, now! The chassis is brass tubing and rod. The nose and tail sections are K&S tin sheet that I formed over wood bucks, then soldered. Rust is fairly evident, especially on the tail section. The rest of the body panels are tooling aluminum (before I discovered 5"X7" aluminum flashing), and would be re-created in flashing, should I ever decide to revive this thing. All the body mounting tabs are cut from K&S shim brass. I made a jig from plexiglass, so that I could cut and drill them, uniformly. I'm not sure what caused this project to stall, unless it was because one of my non-modeler friends bent the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of the cowl--due to the softness of the tooling aluminum. I wish I could remember what I used to engine-turn the windscreens and firewall, because it's very nicely scaled! The engine mounted in the chassis is a late-model Donovan. Some of its "accessory" parts are visible, as well. In some of the shots, there is another engine. That one is a vintage Donovan I created using the block from the AMT Chrysler 300. I used Plastruct letters for the "nameplate" on the crank girdle. The oil pan and valve covers are laminated Evergreen strip and sheet. In one shot here, some of the smaller details are visible. These include the brake handle, chute release handles, master cylinder, Enderle barrel valve, throttle pedal, etc. I had originally planned to create graphics from the old Header Flames board on Nitronic Research. I'd still like to do that, but, it's not too likely that I can come up with art to work from, at this point. Comments and questions always welcome!
×
×
  • Create New...