Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some Italian exotics...

Matt Bacon

Thanks, gentlemen!

Helmut -- it is indeed the Gunze "Hi-Tech" kit, with almost everything except the body shell in metal. This one didn't have an engine -- I'm not sure there if there is a release that does, like the different 250 GTO boxings. I think it's a much better shape than the AMT -- it's just a shame that the deal for Revell to reissue the Italeri kit last year fell through, because the Gunze is pretty hard to find. (I jumped through some hoops to buy one on US eBay with a damaged box, so only useful to someone who wants to build it, which made the price a lot more reasonable).

It's a bit of a cheat, because the Moss car was actually a right hand drive car despite the Italian number plates. But it's no easy job flipping the dash in this car, unlike some...

bestest,

M.

Thanks, guys... and another one:

aventador-6.jpg

aventador-3.jpg

aventador-4.jpg

aventador-5.jpg

aventador-2.jpg

I invested in a used Canon 50mm F/2.5 macro lens (which also works well as a regular 50mm general purpose lens). It's highly recommended as the best Canon lens for "product photography" and has very sharp optics. On the evidence of this lot, I'm not going to disagree with the reviews. It's not as cheap as the regular lightweight 50mm F/1.8 lens which is also well liked, but since sharpness is what we're after, I think it will be a worth while investment...

Anyway, it shows the dust, and the pixellation on the printed number plate, rather TOO well...

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

Thanks, Cliff. A couple more experimenting with the new lens:

mcqueens-machine-5.jpg

mcqueens-machine-4.jpg

mcqueens-machine-3.jpg

Steve McQueen's NART Spider modified from Revell kit, with more aggressive spoiler and Tony Nancy interior.

250TR-on-white-5.jpg

250TR-on-white-2.jpg

250TR-on-white-6.jpg

I think this one demonstrates how much depth of field you can get with the new lens...

250TR-on-black-4.jpg

Hasegawa's excellent Ferrari 250TR.

I wanted to try a black background for the "Zumbrunn Effect". Not sure that a black car was the best one to try it with!

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...