Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom White Western Star & 53' Reefer

Just finished both of these up in the early AM. The tractor is the AMT WWS... that crusty one I posted a couple of days ago was built while I was waiting on paint (Rustoleum Key Lime) and adhesives to dry on this one. It's a mild custom- front air dam, 9 cab clearance lights, four horns, add-on AC, and a little custom body work. Engine is a Detroit 8V-71 with straight pipes, but just in case the exhaust note isn't a dead giveaway of what just passed you, the mudflaps bear Detroit Diesel logos as well. A passenger's side fuel tank was robbed from a White Road Boss, and reconfigured to be on the driver's side, so I'd have long fuel tanks on both sides.

The trailer is, of course, the Moebius Great Dane, box stock aside from the 2-hole Budds from Class A resin, and decals from Modeltruckin'. This won't be a permanent pairing- the reefer will eventually be hooked up to a plane Jane fleet spec ProStar.

006_zpsqzqfiest.jpg

007_zpsu7tkvjiv.jpg

008_zpsbonrrj2r.jpg

009_zps1u5q9m4a.jpg

010_zpsjnljodi1.jpg

011_zpsjtah5x6h.jpg

012_zpsxkncbjnr.jpg

013_zpsmcoy31ag.jpg

014_zpsm7njjpsg.jpg

Edited by Chuck Most

They're in a couple of compartments tucked inside the frame rails and concealed by the deck plate. Theoretically. :rolleyes:

That would be the Merritt #258...

258.jpg

Thanks guys!

For once I'm actually pleased with how one of my models turned out- the fact it turned out as well as I hoped was made all the more impressive considering that I had no solid plan in mind when I started on this one, other than stretching the wheelbase. I knew I wanted to try that, but everything else was up in the air.