Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Detailed Look - Revell's new Ford F150 SVT Raptor kit

tim boyd

I agree with Tim . . . it is a terrific kit. It will be the platform for many great builds, albeit curbside style.

It looks bigger than 1/25, however. Placed alongside a MENG F250, it looks more consistent with 1/24 than 1/25. But then, I haven't measured it.

Still . . . a great kit. Kudos to Revell!

Boy, is there ever room for someone to offer quality waterslide decals for these doobies (This and the Expedition cop car come to mind..)

Good to see there's enough parts there to keep Mom or Dad at the kitchen table with the kid for an evening together. It's "complex" enough to not fall together in ten minutes.

Boy, is there ever room for someone to offer quality waterslide decals for these doobies (This and the Expedition cop car come to mind..)

Good to see there's enough parts there to keep Mom or Dad at the kitchen table with the kid for an evening together. It's "complex" enough to not fall together in ten minutes.

Unfortunately, these days, most parents don't have much longer attention spans than their children - when it comes to manual labor such as assembling model kits.

Looks like a nice kit for what it is. Hope someone does a water slide decal sheet for it. I'll pick up at least one.

It is Ron. It needs some improvements. But, for the price (I got mine for around $15 shipped) and the fact that it's a snap kit, it's hard to beat. I'm thinking a person could just scan the decal sheet and print the image on decal paper. It's not an issue for me since I won't be using the bed graphics anyway. I'm already thinking of getting a couple more and convert one into a regular F-150 and the other into the '04-'08 body style.

Just got one last week and was very pleased with the contents,nice tires I thought! Working on Raptor this week, I noticed the black styrene they used was putting off a strange odor. I looked closer and noticed a bronze coppery lookin' color on the surface of my parts. Sure don't seem to sand like the normal stuff either. Anyone think they use different styrene for the Snap kits? Not a big deal, I love my Raptor anyway, and will get a couple more too!

This is a nice kit. I have one and plan to make it a fire chief's ride, something similar to San Diego County FD's 2010 Ford Raptor...

44_raptor_09.jpg?1373414580

I'm glad that they included the chrome pieces for the side mirrors (something missing from many of the older snap kits, especially the Ford Expedition kits). Now I just need a decent truck cap...

... I noticed the black styrene they used was putting off a strange odor. I looked closer and noticed a bronze coppery lookin' color on the surface of my parts. Sure don't seem to sand like the normal stuff either. Anyone think they use different styrene for the Snap kits?

No worries mate. It's just Chinese heavy-metal sludge from recycling American electronics mixed in with the plastic to stretch it a bit. It's only a little toxic, really. B)

Now I've got one too. I have got quick meassurements and, according to Ford spec sheet it is definitely 1/25 scale. Not 1/24. I have Meng's F350 (which is 1/24) too. Raptor cab shell is more narrow though they should be the same in real live.

Finally it's a great kit and Thanks to Revell for the possibility to build this great Ford's motor. I planed to scratchbuid one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...