Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt 68 Road Runner

Wolf75

cool car so far... not sure if you see it or not but I spy a bit of orange peel on the drivers side quarters behind the wheel... just fyi...

Actually I do too now, and some other spots as well. Problem is I've never tried to fix that problem before, but I really want to this time. I googled it and the best solution I found was wet sanding with 2000 grit 3M sandpaper, but I'm open to any other suggestions. I'd really like to do it right this time.

Edited by Wolf75

search It on Powernationtv.com and you will find a good one to use for help in orange peel.

Thanks Bandit. i checked em out, and it gave me a pretty clear idea and where to start. I'll give it a try when it warms up today.

Nice color. May I suggest a black and white interior- white seats and door panels, all else black?

I was thinking that myself, but I was worried it would look wierd. I think I'll give it a go though. If it looks bad I can always start over lol

Edited by Wolf75

Google white interiors. Most if not all white interior cars in the 60s and early 70s had black dash, carpet, kick panels, package trays and sometimes headliners. Some of you think that a white interior was all white but that's not the case.

See

EECE85D0-E17B-4A19-B53E-668740A288C1_zps

Edited by freakshow12

Google white interiors. Most if not all white interior cars in the 60s and early 70s had black dash, carpet, kick panels, package trays and sometimes headliners. Some of you think that a white interior was all white but that's not the case.

See

I remember my dad had a 69 Charger that had a similiar set up

That color is wicked Darrell. That Hemi looks great sittin' between those fenders!!

Thanks! ^__^

Got the hood mocked up with the hinges, also I found metallic sharpies work great for chrome trim. I was thinking about it last night and I'm gonna attempt to make a make the license plate work like the real ones. I'm hoping I can get a spring mechanism to close it when it's flipped down to show the gas cap. Only problem is finding a spring small enough.

11011083_1015767388453192_24995901327052

11150243_1015767431786521_72829888214289