Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock - Taking Delivery

Drake69

I hope I got this close. My only gripe with it is the "high-low" carb setup which messes up the hood alignment. Also, I wish I had done more homework before painting the intake manifold. It really needed to be the same hemi color.....

Hemi%20GTS%2014_zpshlqru9zx.jpg

Hemi%20GTS%2015_zpsnkcnclsr.jpg

Hemi%20GTS%2016_zpsnyurs9rm.jpg

Hemi%20GTS%2019_zpsfbvecoms.jpg

Hemi%20GTS%2018_zpskj4zkw5w.jpg

Hemi%20GTS%2017_zpsrgfj0zpp.jpg

Hemi%20GTS%2020_zpso3fpsriz.jpg

Thanks guys! Yeah, when I got the Chevy Van kit and saw that "For Sale" decal in the sheet, I knew I had to put that on strip styrene and seal it so it could be used over and over again. I wish we would see more decals like that, or something like dealer window sheets for new cars.

hey Allen (nice name and correct spelling too) the cross ram manifolds are not the greatest in these kits, as you mentioned the "hi-low" thing. you can get a better cross ram in most AMT GTX, Road Runner or 70 super bee. or the lindburg ramchargers. not rivet counter correct, but at least the plane of the carbs will be the same. that's what I will be using on mine.

really nice build. love these cars. you represented it well. I have plans to do one along with the cuda just like this. if your not happy with the one in the kit and you can't come up with one, give me shout.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...