Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Camaro "day two" resto mod

freakshow12

Thanks guys. Yes I did have trouble with the front decal. Tons of setting solution, a Q tip and a hair dryer got it to play nice.

I've never used a hair dryer... Care to tell me how you used it? (I could certainly have used another technique beyond my Micro-Solv only solution)...

Thanks again. The air filter is the kit part for the racing version with a little black wash. Funny you should mention the ear buds though. I have a broken set of the nice molded ones and I plopped it over the stock air cleaner. Fit like a glove. I can see me painting it and using it on a 32 Ford or something lol

Sure. I just stole my wife's hair dryer. Set it to low heat and as the micro sol started working I just carefully ran the dryer over the nose of the car. I also had a Q tip with micro sol on it and worked out the trouble spots. Went on perfect

Thanks for the info! I'll give it a try next tough decal job!

That is beautiful. Everything you did fits the concept to a t.

One of the lot attendats at a dealershipI worked at had a very nice Butternut Yellow '67 Camaro SS350 that was set up similar to your car. I had considered doing my build in Yellow, but I already have an Impala SS427 coupe in that color, so I went with Turquoise. I liked the '67 Chevrolet lineup. One day, I will convert an AMT '66 Nova into a '67, as a very good friend of mine had a Metalflake Red '67 SS when we graduated from high school.