Model Cars Magazine Forum

Talbert Detachable Lowboy trailer Kit

I kind of figured that the Talbert thing went bust. I have been trying to contact Travis for a refund. But, there has been no response to emails, telephone or Facebook contacts. Sadly, it looks like another good idea fallen into a scam, whether intentional or not. Too bad, as it looked like a nice project. As with ANY venture of this type, communication is of paramount importance. AND, good communications is often harder to achieve than a good casting!

Edited by redneckrigger

Wow, that is terrible. Resin casting is not easy, but I'm assuming this clown never tried it before taking peoples money. 

nope he sure didn't..one of the great casters even offered him a vacuum pot for free before he started this and he said he didn't one..lol..he is just a kid wanna be caster..and i told him when he sent me the test build that i was gonna post it on my group on face book, and that opened up a can of worms..lol..he tried to blame everything on me and the man that built the prototype ..

nope he sure didn't..one of the great casters even offered him a vacuum pot for free before he started this and he said he didn't one..lol..he is just a kid wanna be caster..and i told him when he sent me the test build that i was gonna post it on my group on face book, and that opened up a can of worms..lol..he tried to blame everything on me and the man that built the prototype ..

What a shame. 

JUST got a message from Travis in response to a review I posted on his Facebook page. Granted, the review was a little bit scathing, but after sending a deposit to him over six months ago, and not hearing a WORD from him, I ran out of ideas on how to contact him. He said his email account was hacked, and that he got none of the phone messages I left him. Good news is he said he would send a refund. I also suggested to him that he let the modelling community know what happened, through the same channels that he announced his project, as he has taken a bit of a hit with this failure. Will keep you posted as to what transpires!

Edited by redneckrigger

A bit of a shame this didn't work out. Had such great potential. Glad I didn't hand over money. Already been ripped off twice by other model truck people. Getting a little Jack of it. Looking forward to Drakes Kenworth K200 and Low Loader when it eventually comes out. 

Ben

I would not hold my breath on that refund!! . I have heard that tune by him before, It  seems he has a lot of excuses , it's either this or that , Just send the freakin refunds to ALL the people you owe money to (including me) and stop with blaming everybody else, it gets really old!! Bob

While I do not even know who Travis is. I can't help but wonder? Did he bite off more than he could chew ? Was he qualified to take on a project like this? Or was he blinded by the Possibility of $$$$$ ?

He has to realize that in the truck model community , right now his name is mud . And he might seriously regret his mistake. Aside from the possible legal problems.

He could get hit by the IRS for Tax evasion ? That is  major heartache in and of itself ! So if anyone hear is a friend of his. I strongly urge you. To advise hm to do his best to make things right, with those people he accepted deposits from !

Be Well

Gator

Not really sure if I understand this post. Why would you have sent him a refund over six months ago?

I was one of the hopeful who sent HIM a DEPOSIT..................six months ago. I FINALLY got a message back from him only after I posted a review of his work on Facebook. To be honest, I have ZERO faith that I will get a refund of the deposit. He sent me a very rude message that I won't go into. Suffice it to say that after he said he would send a refund if I sent him an email about how and when I paid him, which I did, I have not heard a thing....................again. He sure does seem like he has totally lost his credibility and has zero intention of refunding anyone. But, at least I got his attention, and now he at least KNOWS without a doubt that his name is mud in the modelling community. Lets see how he plays it out............................or not.

Wow, I can't believe this is still going on. It seems that there are a lot of people who are out money. This seems to happen way too often in this hobby.  Has anyone filed a complaint with the Federal Trades Commission? They would likely be the authority to help in this sort of a matter. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1 Legally all money should have been refunded a long time ago.

Since it seems that he refuses to maintain contact with any of those that he scammed, and he DID reply to me via Facebook after I posted a uncomplimentary review, go to this link: https://www.facebook.com/TT-Model-Truck-Parts-594190207347228/timeline/, and post your own review of his services and products. At least it will let any other unsuspecting people know that he is a scammer. I have not gotten a refund yet, but I DID get his attention.

wow.....:blink: I was considering ordering one of these too. Glad I didn't now. I had heard on the boards that he was having difficulties filling orders, (understatement), but I had no idea it was THIS bad....

Edited by bismarck

Yeah, I may have gotten his attention a little bit, but he is still doing the best imitation of a mushroom farmer, as far as communication is concerned, that I have ever seen, (keep us in the dark and feed us LOTS of bovine defecation!). Last I heard from him was Monday when he said, he would "get to it". Right.................................and I am expecting hundred dollar bills to fall from the heavens any time soon too! Looks like he is all show, no go. I have filed with the FTC. We'll see how far that gets. In the mean time, back to the hobby, the heck with the scammers! Guess I will get to doing my own lowboy. Anyone out there have any drawings, photos of the detachable mechanism? Thanks!

I have achieved success! Got the refund from Travis. I suggest all others who have not yet done so, to persevere! Don't give up!

Tom,

Congratulations ! I am glad you got your refund. But I have to wonder? Will all of the others get theirs?

Will Travis return the master to the Builder ? He should .

Would another reputable caster pick it up and produce the lowboy that so many of us would like to have ? I would go for one or two . If someone like Gary Wallace ,

Jamie would pick it up and produce the kit.

Another option. A laser cut kit????

Be Well

Gator