Model Cars Magazine Forum

Talbert Detachable Lowboy trailer Kit

***NEW****** From T&T Model Truck Parts mastered by Dave Steele (Herman Munster) we present to you the long awaited 55 ton Talbert detachable Lowboy trailer kit. This is being opened up for PRE-ORDER at a discounted price. There are only 25 pre order spots available. Kits will begin to ship at the End of April.

In this kit you will receive all that is picture, the detachable gooseneck, main lowboy deck section read rails with low ride suspension, and rear bumper. You must supply wheels and tires and decking. Anyone interested please feel free to message me and we will get you taken care of. Any questions email Travis at travisr685@yahoo.com ...

11084257_10205366332251150_5292616906688

15676_10205366332051145_2976334799674031

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There has been a big thing going on in a facebook group the last few days about this. This trailer was first advertised on there and a lot of people ordered one. The guy casting them kept saying they would ship the beginning of April, then he ran into some casting problems and said first week of May. Then he said that he would have them at NNL for people to pick up, but something came up last minute and he didn't make it there. About 2 weeks ago he advertised that he had 4 extra trailers for sale that would ship immediately. A few days ago someone called him out for not answering messages and it became a big thing. So it sounds like you aren't the only one that is left wondering when they will get theirs. I hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Edited by KJ790

First off, let me say I do not have a dog in this fight. This type of situation has happened in the past, and unfortunately it has again. More than likely it will happen again in the future as well. The one bit of advice I can offer is to keep whatever communication that you might have with the seller/caster private. Bringing it out in the open on forums or groups will not resolve anything, it will only force the seller/caster to go into hiding. Making people aware of your dealings is a good thing, "buyer beware" can be a powerful tool when used correctly. I sincerly hope that everyone involved will receive their trailers or get their money back. I'm not saying to role over and play dead, keep the pressure on, but do so with some tact and diplomacy. Good Luck.

I do have a dog in this fight it is called MONEY I do not understand your remark about tact and diplomacy and keeping it private, If I had not made my post I would not know what is going on with this castor. He has not answered my E-mail or has contacted ME AS TO WHAT THE DELAY IS .I am grateful to KJ Humphreys for letting me know (What I had suspected) was going on . I to hope with a little more time all orders will be filled and all will be happy,

I don't think that asking if others have heard anything in a public forum is a big deal. Especially when you paid for something months ago and have not gotten a response to emails for a few weeks.

Perhaps your feelings might be different if the shoe was on the other foot, if you know what I mean.

Not at all. Of course I agree that the matter should always be taken up in private first. To go straight to the public without contacting me first is wrong in my opinion, but that is not the case here. I would expect someone to contact me privately first, but if I don't respond for weeks I would expect nothing less than someone to start asking around publicly. Sometimes others can help explain what is going on, or can help find a better way of contacting someone. I had this problem before when a seller had changed his email address and I did not know the new one. Robert didn't say anything negative, he was simply asking if anyone had any updates.

Edited by KJ790

Robert didn't say anything negative, he was simply asking if anyone had any updates.

I never said that Robert made any negative comments. It was you that was, shall we say, "informative" as to what was going on with another caster.

Robert has the right to know what was going on. Travis' own words were that people were on a "witch hunt" for him. I have no problem with Travis, I have helped him out a few times in the past. Hopefully he gets these lowboys sorted out and shipped soon. I don't think he is out to rip anyone off at all, I think he just got backed up a bit.

Robert has the right to know what was going on. Travis' own words were that people were on a "witch hunt" for him. I have no problem with Travis, I have helped him out a few times in the past. Hopefully he gets these lowboys sorted out and shipped soon. I don't think he is out to rip anyone off at all, I think he just got backed up a bit.

And I hope he gets the lowboys sorted out as well.

After reading Keone lakes post I was hopefull that the trailer orders were starting to be shipped , so I sent an E-mail Sunday about this and have not received a reply ( I paid half as a deposit for two trailers) and have been waiting for E-mail asking for balance before shipping .this I have no problem with normal business practice, what REALLY upsets me is the lack of communication from him none ,.nada, zilch Someone on here thinks I should have kept this private , I DON'T AGREE., If he is a man of his word as someone else has said here I would have had my order by now or at least been told by him why he did not ship yet . the silence from him says a lot .If by chance I never get order I have learned A lesson . I guess at 68 years old I have become a bit to trusting .

• 2 months later...

Even though I am new to this forum, I DID order one of these trailers in early April. No reply to any inquiry for info, nothing. I AM hopeful to receive SOMETHING , but who knows when. I DO understand being backed up. Travis, simple communication will help. KJ, are YOU marketing your trailers yet? WANT ONE!

Hello. Travis is not making the trailers anymore. If you paid a deposit, I would contact Travis for a refund.

As of 9/24/ 15 I have not received a refund on the  trailers,( I ordered two) after several attempts to find out when refund would be sent , ( last e-mail I  sent was in July). I have given up hope of seeing one. I hope others have had better luck. Bob

Edited by waterburybob
wrong date