Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joe, I wasn't done with the fiddly cannon bits yet. There are a total of 12 cannons visible on the upper deck. Each cannon has three ropes attached to it to draw it back and forth into position. So a nerve racking 36 times trying to super glue little bits on the cannons.

BS053-vi.jpg

Yahoo!!! One cannon in place.......11 more to go

BS054-vi.jpg

Cannons are in place....hopefully they'll stay their for Cap'n Clutz

BS055-vi.jpg

BS056-vi.jpg

Edited by 2whl

Chris and Art...thanks my friends.

JC...it's a Teac from '73

This is one of the steps I was very nervous about.....putting on the open cannon doors. Between getting the rigging right and glueing them on with a very small surface contact, I was anticipating problems. But they went on with a minimum of fuss'

BS057-vi.jpg

BS058-vi.jpg

BS059-vi.jpg

Here's the side with the closed gun ports.

BS060-vi.jpg

Edited by 2whl

Thanks for the encouragement guys

Joe....I would love to find some of those minions in the right size.

More detail work done. All of the side plates are on....just need to finish with the supports that go underneath them.
BS064-vi.jpg
BS065-vi.jpg
BS066-vi.jpg
BS067-vi.jpg

No plank Brad.....it only comes out when I need to get rid of 'unneccessary baggage'.....lol...dead men tell no tales !

Somehow amongst the hundreds of parts...I manged to lose three of the supports that go below the side plates. So I made some up out of .040 square styrene. The white ones are the clones.
BS068-vi.jpg
The support in the center of these the is the 'imposter'.
BS070-vi.jpg
BS069-vi.jpg
The swan is on....now I'm looking for a miniature bottle of champagne to christen it with.
BS071-vi.jpg

Paul........this is a very interesting build........in a very good way .........the detail that goes into this build is what I`m digging........I can see getting lost into a Fantasy Island episode of Pirates of the Carabian ..........very cool project.......I really love this :wub: .......looks like alot of others are digging this biuld too........can`t wait to see the next up-date.

BTW,the Swan is AWESOME dude

Edited by John Teresi

"The swan is on....now I'm looking for a miniature bottle of champagne to christen it with."

So Paul, we've got a damaged case, missing parts and now you want to hit it with a bottle. Man, you build some TOUGH models.

This has gone way beyond my expectations of what can be done with a ship. A tip o' me pirates hat to ye matey.

Hey, everybody else got to talk pirate talk..........