Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chris.....no one's as fast as Johnny Southside!....LOL

Ray.....R 'ye be going to DSC?

John and Brad.....I'm happy with the different shades of brown, also

The shrouds are in two sections.....lining up the top and bottom attach points and getting the centers glued at the right angles has caused a bit of pirate cursing.

BS083-vi.jpg

One of the parts broken was the pin for the top part of the mast. I ended up drilling both ways and inserting a piece of brass in for strenght.

BS085-vi.jpg

I mocked up the other masts and shrouds for a teaser look. Going to DSC this week-end, so no modeling until Monday.

BS086-vi.jpg

BS087-vi.jpg

Edited by 2whl

You're bringing back memories of when I built something similar to this when I was a kid. I think it was the U.S.S. Constitution. What's the rigging gonna be like for this great build Paul?

Good save on the display case glass!! wiping%20brow_zpsgqh5sg63.gifThat acrylic stuff aint cheap! emotion-8.gif

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...

John....Thanks...hopefully I won't have to kick too many butts....LOL

Joe...Thanks for looking in. The rigging is what's slowing me down right now. I've been studying the rigging diagrams to make sure I understand where all of the lines go to. There are 11 sails and each one has 5 to 8 lines on it. So there's going to be rigging lines going all over the ship. I'm trying to determine if I want to follow the instructions or put the sails on in a different order. And yes, the save on the case was fortunate. I had ordered it a little too tall, so it worked out when the bottom edge was cut.

Kevin....Sharp eyes !! It Is supposed to be the sub in Operation Petticoat. I did a 'pink' build on another forum several years ago. You where supposed to build a model of any subject as long as it was pink.

Chris....Not much of an update, but I have been doing stuff. When I got back from DSC, the extra rigging line I had ordered came in.

BS088-vi.jpg

I also rigged the blocks on the other two masts and installed them.

BS089-vi.jpg

BS090-vi.jpg

Then I cleaned out a space in the TV cabinet so I could store and display the ship safely.

BS092-vi.jpg

I tacked a couple of sails on to get an idea what it will look like.

BS091-vi.jpg

• 5 months later...