Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jack Herndon`s: 1965 "Hybrid Special" : "Clone the Past" replica

John Teresi

Hello........I was asked to build a replica of this Jack Herndon`s:1965 "Hybrid Special" for the National Model Car Buiders Museum in Salt Lake City, Utah........it is for a a program called "Clone the Past"........I was chosen among a few others to build clones........this will be donated to the Museum......I would like to thank Gordon Clark for providing some of the parts that were used and to Mark Gustavson for the kind donation and to my good friend Paul Cadwell for selling me the Beatnik Bandit a major sorce for this build.......I provided the Revell Jag kit and did all the work for this build..........if you would like to see how I built this model you can go here to see it.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98776

thanks for looking.

DSCF3487_zps13wti2vu.jpg

DSCF3480_zps4inxeub9.jpg

DSCF3501_zpsojr2exjc.jpg

DSCF3479_zpsinp4wfgu.jpg

DSCF3506_zpsdxqof18b.jpg

DSCF3493_zpskqmgxzpe.jpg

DSCF3482_zpspeuthxsy.jpg

Another fine model from your bench John. That is definitely something unique and it's very interesting to see a "Clone The Past" model like this being built. Excellent job all over, the paint job is my favorite part.