Model Cars Magazine Forum

DODGER! Futuristic Monster 2WD-ATV...WIP 8-17-15

Tire Nuts!

I am going to Bolt the Dodger down on a Base. I started by cutting out two pieces of thick plastic and drilled two Holes in each.

DSCN0922D_zpslkpo1n6m.jpg

Then I glued the Bolts in the Holes. These pieces will fit inside the tires so I can attach them to the Base. This should flatten the bottoms of the Tires when Bolted down, to like there is some of weight on them.

DSCN0929D_zpsifa1odap.jpg

I put a drop of paint on each Bolt and marked the Hole Positions. Next I opened up the Holes with an X-Acto Knife. Then I pushed the Bolts through the Holes and attached the Bolts temporarily.

DSCN0932D_zpsxh2mcaxw.jpg

More Coming...B)

Vented Wheels!

I am using the Wheels from the Indy Corvette for inner Wheels on the Dodger. After removing the chrome, I sprayed them Silver and added a Black Wash. Then I drilled a hole in the center of each Wheel.

DSCN0920D_zpsutp01ecs.jpg

Here is the Before & After Photo.

DSCN0935D_zpsz3wk0nqa.jpg

Here are the Wheels & Tires for the Dodger!

DSCN0941D_zpsmdzf9jue.jpg

More Coming...B)

Details!

Started adding some Paint & Details to the Gyro Box. Tamiya Gold was first used then I added some Red & Black.

Next I added some Podracer parts to the front.

Then I added some Podracer Parts to the rear and finished it off with a Black wash.

More Coming...B)

Plastic Axle!

I made an Axle from plastic tubing. One long tube that goes through the Gyro Box and two larger - shorter ones, one on each side.

I cut the end off two Ball Point Pens to make two larger Axle Sections that fit over the first two. The fit right in the centers of the Indy Vette Wheels.

Here are the Wheels glued to the Axle.

More Coming...B)

Up On Two Wheels!

I am using a "Burner Cover" from a stove for a Base. The Lid to a Metal Tin Box would work well too. I marked the spots for the Drilling Holes and then drilled holes for the Tire Bolts. Next I bolted the Tire Bolts to the Base.

Here is the Dodger on the Base!

Rear View...

More Coming...B)