Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller 1/75 La Reale De France

Hi all I started this wit the intention of guilding it with real gold but, I have a big problem with this kit and dont know how much further I can go with it. there is supposed to be 2 sprues number 17 and 2 number 18 but there is only 1 of each, I have emailed Heller and asked for the missing sprues to be sent but have no idea what their customer service is like I'm hopeing they will send them as the kit is useless without them and I will have to bin it otherwise. so will do what I can and hope they will send the parts sooner rather than later.
B4byGNF.jpg
RwQmWym.jpg
NvpXglr.jpg
aFKMCZV.jpg
dPwY5on.jpg
rsl5WE4.jpg
thrfzJj.jpg
ujY4P7E.jpg
3pHo67c.jpg

Hi Ray thanks for the reply I am going to continue to build what I can on it in the hopes the parts will come I know it could be wasted work but if the parts dont come, maybe I could put it in some sort of dio in dry dock for a refit or something

I am having all sorts of problems getting rid of the loose flakey bits that you just cant seem to brush off, so I've decided to try guilding the whole part then painting over the guilding.
I've started by sizing all the parts for guilding
y61bUqa.jpg
j6AbfUy.jpg
RtSEdKG.jpg
then guilding the whole lot
o4sOBba.jpg
YKOKtl5.jpg
u9isDkt.jpg
Now painting it
Mrw5xEw.jpg
also I decide to put a wash over some of the solid gold parts to highlight some of the detail
qEvFgEQ.jpg
MlbrJjF.jpg
DEaGQQr.jpg

Hi all well I'm afraid this is as far as I can go till the parts come so hopefully they will be here soon.
I cant glue the two boxes on yet as I would not be able to get the other cannons in so this is it for now.
YaH22HD.jpg
weW94eG.jpg
V3IJN9S.jpg
iorZzJ6.jpg
S9Fx4j7.jpg?1
dpLjhL0.jpg

Hi all well I've done all the fluer de lys on the other side I recon that must be about 30,000 of them (or at least that's what it seems like).
One thing of would suggest with this kit, for any others intending to build it is either do not glue the angels on the rear of the ship or at least omit the trumpets till the model is finished as I've knocked them off numerous times and have now put them I a bag for safe keeping till I've finished the kit when I will finally glue them on (assuming I remember)

Hi all well here it is last build post on this before we are on hols
BNKoKQ6.jpg
iSCdy9B.jpg
p71XuYv.jpg
xg9JoTS.jpg
VSUZTiR.jpg
N8o2lT9.jpg
KxtZlLm.jpg
8dUQbcW.jpg
e4YsWnG.jpg
just one question, the rigging thread which\that(dont know the correct word) comes with the kit is off white, is that right, as the only rigging colour I've seen is black ( or at least it looks black) I thought they used tarred rope so that would make it black

• 2 weeks later...