Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Indy Concept

jbattersby

Looks nice. I built one of these about 15 years ago and as I recall, for a simplified kit it was not an easy kit kit to build. I had the same problem as you did in trying to get the engine cover to fit down tight. One thing I did different was to blacken out the frosted areas on the large greenhouse then giving the whole greenhouse a light coat of Tamiya Smoke. That hid the rather simple interior and makes the model look more like the real car as I recall it looking in the early '90's. You certainly laid down a beautiful coat of paint on the model. I've always wanted to do another one but in silver to reflect the originall non running Indy and seeing your effort just might inspire me to tackle that project.

Thanks for sharing your build.

Looks nice. I built one of these about 15 years ago and as I recall, for a simplified kit it was not an easy kit kit to build. I had the same problem as you did in trying to get the engine cover to fit down tight. One thing I did different was to blacken out the frosted areas on the large greenhouse then giving the whole greenhouse a light coat of Tamiya Smoke. That hid the rather simple interior and makes the model look more like the real car as I recall it looking in the early '90's. You certainly laid down a beautiful coat of paint on the model. I've always wanted to do another one but in silver to reflect the originall non running Indy and seeing your effort just might inspire me to tackle that project.

Thanks for sharing your build.

Thanks for the comments! I should have spent more time to get that engine cover to fit, but to be honest I just wanted to get it off the desk to make way for new projects. I should have tried to black out the glass like on the real car, on the next projects I will for sure. It would be very cool if you did the silver version, please post it if you do,Cheers!

I have one of these in my stash as well. You did a great job on the model, but just as important, your photography skills are not to shabby either! Awesome all around!

Thanks I appreciate it!

Loved this car ever since the original silver open top version concept came out. A company (years ago...) made a prebuilt model of it that sold for a few hundred dollars. I think the company was called Scale Dreams or something like that. It was the silver version of this car before they repainted red.

MhnEGeGl.jpg