Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Lincoln Continental

StevenGuthmiller

I've been putting off this project long enough, but I'm kind of in the mood for another big finned curbside build. With other things going on in my life right now, I just don't feel like biting off a build with an engine & all that.

I've had this kit lying around for probably over 20 years. Had all the chrome re-done years ago, & fairly recently, I picked up a hardtop for it, which is what I really wanted to build, so, away we go! :)

There was some body damage from skirts & louvres, but don't let the putty fool you, it's all pretty minor.

I'm trying to decide between a couple of colors I have laying around. It will either be a medium metallic brown reminiscent of '60 Lincoln "Rose Glow", or a darker metallic green fairly close to "Deerfield Green".

I'm leaning towards the brown as I think a more "formal" color would better suit a Lincoln.

Steve

DSCN4053_zpsqycqocc6.jpgDSCN4052_zps3bd61p9k.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I just picked up a '60 for a good deal at MassCar. It needs a windsheild frame and some chrome, along with a general total rebuild. Sitting in the freezer now in an attempt to debond it.

I found a really nice '60 in what I think is Electric Blue. As horrid as it might sound, it actually looks quite sporty in an elegant way. I'll see if I can find the link again.

Charlie Larkin

I just picked up a '60 for a good deal at MassCar. It needs a windsheild frame and some chrome, along with a general total rebuild. Sitting in the freezer now in an attempt to debond it.

I found a really nice '60 in what I think is Electric Blue. As horrid as it might sound, it actually looks quite sporty in an elegant way. I'll see if I can find the link again.

Charlie Larkin

I have one too Charlie...its molded in blue a HT with a metal chassis but the roof part is shot....think its a promo?

What's not to like. ... It's big. It's flashy. With lots of chrome.

I remember as a kid the man on the end of my street had one. It was dark red......and back then I thought it was oh so ugly. (I was about 10 or so ..no idea what year it was )

But......now I really like them I think it's the unique look of the grille and rear bumper..

They were surely some tanks! I believe I heard somewhere, one of the longest cars ever produced. But there's just something about this body style that grabs me. I don't know why...... :)

Steve

I own a 1960 Lincoln convertible and it truly is a big car (but surprising easy to drive). There are longer cars (Cadillac and Lincolns from the 70's with 5 mph bumpers). But the 58-60 Lincolns are by far the biggest unit body cars ever made.