Model Cars Magazine Forum

thank you all for the kind words. I try to build close to what is in the box with small modifications. These are designed to bring hrs. of satisfaction and insight into the subject matter. I try not to deviate much from the way I have always built kits. I will never turn this great hobby or any model into a huge money pit or test of endurance. I think great results can be had right out of the box. This truck became a logger because I had the trailer, minus the wheels that were swapped with the western star. I have a few more builds to do and might do them on here. Sometimes I have trouble uploading and it just makes me want to pull pictures I have already posted. We shall see.

I think I've had one kit I turned into a money pit, because I wanted something specific and wanted it to look great and wanted to showcase I could do it. Otherwise for the most part I really don't buy much in the way of aftermarket. Maybe some wire, or some wheels here and there. Flocking. Generally I try to do with what I have. Armor can be another story, mostly with tracks. Aircraft, I usually get PE for the cockpit. Sometimes some decals, but I've been known to make my own decals as well. I'm working on putting together a sheet right now as a matter of fact. Most of my "endurance" builds are due to me getting distracted by something else, so I just go the rounds. Sometimes I quit building at all for months on end. Too many other hobbies I guess and I have only been able to afford one at a time. So I definitely feel ya.

• 3 weeks later...