Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Chevelle SS 454

Kenny B

Here is a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 that I built about 15 years ago. It was given to me by a guy that started it and lets say went crazy on the glue and painted most of it by paint brush. I was going to use it as a parts car until I stripped it and thought I would try to see what I could do with it. I think that it came out not to badly but still need to change out the headlights as one is missing and the rest are very foggy from all the glue. Not to bad for an old glue bomb.

Enjoy,

DSCN3779_zpsbrrlbngi.jpg

DSCN3832_zpsupw0oi5x.jpg

DSCN3831_zpskbhplhen.jpg

DSCN3812_zpsiolg1ljh.jpg

DSCN3786_zpsuzk3d0da.jpg

Just because it had looked like junk.....It can be rebuilt.

Thanks Ken. B)

Super job. What brand of paint and color is it,the paint is sharp.

I was gonna ask the same thing. It's a beautiful shade and it looks like it flowed out perfectly.

John and Monty and anyone else asking the same question.

The paint was a mix I did myself. A jar of Model Master Burgandy a few drops of blue and a dash of black was sprayed through my air brush. It sat on the shelf for a couple of months and looked at it one day and sprayed on a couple of coats of Tamyia clear red.

Using the same idea on my Peterbilt build. This Chevelle wasn't ment to show I was just messing around with paint and next thing you know I'm trying to save a glue bomb. As far as painting the rims. After the wonderful comments I might just finish it and paint the rims. Thanks to all.

Ken. B)