Model Cars Magazine Forum

86 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hi everyone its been a while since i posted any builds on here but here is my most recent creation . It all started with an old pontiac stock car body and a whole bunch of parts from my parts box.To list some of the parts I used are the frame and interior bucket from the 67 chevelle P/S,front tube clip,engine and roll cage from the pro stock firebird.The tires and wheels are from my parts box.There is also scratchbuilt parts such as the rear panel, tail lights,and license plate bezel.The NOS bottle is also scratchbuilt. The remainder of the parts are from my parts box.

Well enough with the words and on to the pics.

86%20grand%20prix%20011_zpsijnanpxh.jpg

86%20grand%20prix%20010_zpsnb1su708.jpg

86%20grand%20prix%20008_zpsoi7lpd5x.jpg

86%20grand%20prix%20009_zps9xsplbye.jpg

86%20grand%20prix%20013_zps9xm9nptp.jpg

86%20grand%20prix%20014_zpswh6qmj77.jpg

86%20grand%20prix%20003_zpsflqclblk.jpg

Well thanks for looking and all comment and questions are welcomed and more pics can be seen in my photobucket.

• 3 months later...

Awesome build. Your pictures are great. If I did not know that it was a Model I would of thought it was a real 1/1 car. Can not figure out why more of the Nascar bodies are not used in this way Olds- Buick- Pontiac. You definitely proved that it can be done.  Nice build real nice and thank you for sharing it. Gives me new inspiration.    Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

I have come back to this post a 100 times to look at those pictures of the Pontiac. I love it. Something about a stock car -Nascar made into a street car -pro street car or drag car that just does it for me. Thank you . Jeff