Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beadalon Wire & Accessories

I've been using this wire for a while, but figured I'd post some pics of these products and what I've been using them for. Hopefully this will help someone out with one of their builds. You can buy all of this stuff at Michael's and I'm pretty sure its on Amazon and other local craft stores. The prices are really good as well, and a few bucks will go a long way.

This silver plated wire works great for fuel lines, brake lines and other similar uses. They make all sorts of gauges, but I use 26-28 gauge for brake/fuel lines, primarily. They also make it in copper and black, so more choices for different applications. It is sturdy enough to stay straight, but can be shaped to contour the undercarriage and chassis.

180B-026_L.jpg

This wire works perfect for emergency brake lines since it is actually braided, but you could use it for a number of different applications. I use the .46mm for the e-brake lines. They also make it in a few different colors.

JW15S-1_L.jpg

I just picked these up on Friday and use them and hose coupler for water lines and vacuum lines. The make them is 3 different sizes and will fit around a few different sizes of wire. They are really tiny, but figured I'd try one to see how it looked and it definitely will give you something with a little more detail instead of a hose going into a valve cover or manifold, etc. They also come in different colors.

JFCT1S-1Z_L2.jpg

Here is one of the crimp tubes that I added to the vacuum line from the carb to the valve cover. Kind of hard to see, but it does add a little detail. I plane on using them more often with future builds.

Eng1-vi.jpg

Anyhow, I realize not everything is a great idea, but figured I'd share what I've been using in an effort to help someone out. Thanks for looking!

Tim

I use the same stuff to make fuel and brake lines . its even avail in a braided covered wired as well . Works great to replicate steel braided fuel and oil lines

Yes! I use the braided line for emergency brake cables. Good stuff!

Tim