Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need help in identifying parts...

I've just started work on my 67 Impala Street Machine, and the interior has several parts that I need help identifying...

The parts I would like to identify are

#82 (A & B) seems to go on the middle of the package shelf... strange place for such a large object - looks like 2 tanks on top of each other...

#84 seems to go on the floor behind the driver's seat, it has several small "controls" on panels protruding from one of the long sides - looks like a foot warmer...

It's somewhat hard to tell form the instruction illustration, but part #84 looks very similar to the Xbox console that comes with the Rides issue of the AMY '49 Mercury. #82 looks like a 3rd brake light to me.

I have an XBox, and it definitely is not that...

2nd vote for a 3rd brake light - again I ask, this certainly wouldn't be legal, would it? It would really block much of your rear-view!

Playstation 2 perhaps? It's really hard to tell from the instruction picture. It just kind of look like a game console of some sorts to me. Any chance you could perhaps post some pics of the actual parts?

It's really not that critical, since they are optional (I think). The one that goes on the package shelf has no engraving on it - it just looks like 2 tanks connected to each other... the other one reminds me of a stereo component - an ampllifier or a tuner, but why you would put such a thing on the passenger floor is beyond me.

Hey Frank, this is what a capacitor is. http://www.caraudiohelp.com/car_audio_capacitors.html The picture that I included looks pretty similar also.

It's hard to tell how big this is - would it fit behind the driver's seat on the floor? According to the site you provided, the tank-like thing on the package shelf could also be a cap! Although I'm beginning to think that it's a woofer...

Edited by fseva

It's hard to tell how big this is - would it fit behind the driver's seat on the floor? According to the site you provided, the tank-like thing on the package shelf could also be a cap! Although I'm beginning to think that it's a woofer...

Yeah, capacitors can range in size depending on the setup.