Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aftermarket wheels avail

This may have been asked before but I cant find anything.

So,,I want to stray out from my usual resto stock or old drag cars builds and build a hotrod.

Thinking about a wheel choice something like these , or maybe an old Halibrand looking piece.

I would like to stay with some tires that have a sidewall yet low profile . I want the big and little look between ft and rear

Whats avail in kit or aftermkt form ?

1001sr_01_o%2B1957_ford_ranch_wagon%2Bpa

This may have been asked before but I cant find anything.

So,,I want to stray out from my usual resto stock or old drag cars builds and build a hotrod.

Thinking about a wheel choice something like these , or maybe an old Halibrand looking piece.

I would like to stay with some tires that have a sidewall yet low profile . I want the big and little look between ft and rear

Whats avail in kit or aftermkt form ?

Pegasus has a ton of wheels available (as well as low profile tires) and they are beautifully plated parts; there are several really good resin makers that offer mostly unfinished wheels, and even some tires - they do use eBay a lot; so, all you'd have to do is an eBay search for 1:25 wheels, and you'd find lots to choose from.

I don't remember any Halibrands, but keep an eye on Revell's California Wheels series as many of the earlier ones had tires with similar proportions to what you are looking for. There were two different sizes of pro touring type tires that I have seen in the series. One has all four wheels the same size, and is really low profile and kind of narrow. The others are big and littles with a touch more sidewall and wider rears. (I know the '66 Chevelle Wagon has the big and little ones) There were a lot of different rim styles for both tire types. Make friends with a replica stock builder (or a vintage race car guy) and you could probably trade for several sets.

Excellant pics.

I am leaning towards the 57 Chevy wheels. But was concerned the tires would not fit the look I am after. I really want some big and littles to get a nice rake to it and fill the wheel wells from behind . The rubber band look sidewalls is out of the question for taste .

Pegasus has some wheels similar to a Halibrand but they have way to small of a tire on them

Micro Nitro is out of my budget

My goal is for the upcoming 57 Ford wagon, I want to replicate the black car as close as I can. Everything about tha car just pops my buttons . And I am not really a hot rod fan persay

Excellant pics.

Pegasus has some wheels similar to a Halibrand but they have way to small of a tire on them

I agree with you there Bill. But...you can put a set of the old Monogram Good Year Eagles from the Alternomad, Mustang Mach III, Vetagin, '96 Impala SS and a few others on the rear and improve their looks a lot. Also, look at the Pegasus sleeves. You can come up with your own wheels by adding the center from a kit wheel you like. Pegasus also offers some wheel/tire sets in the 19" and 23" combos.

I do not have a website. I sell under 'Steven Zimmerman' on Face Book, and at shows, like NNL EAST, Toledo NNL, Detroit NNL and most local shows in the Pittsburgh, Erie, Cleveland area........ I am not capable of making enough product to sustain the sales a website would generate; have seen too many 'small' castors go out of business because they couldn't handle the volume - 'nuffsaid..........'Z'