Model Cars Magazine Forum

airfix Mini Cooper S

AussieDave1968

Evening guys, the wife presented me with this kit and asked nicely if i would mind assembling it for her. It will be a box stock build, she wants it for her desk at work. What sort of hubby would i be if i said no ☺

So far I think most of the mould lines on the body ready for priming.

post-15515-0-08919800-1429954522_thumb.jpost-15515-0-50592200-1429954667_thumb.j

Edited by AussieDave1968

Cool. I like when someone wants a model done.

I've often wondered what this newer line of Airfix 1/32 scale cars is like. Look forward to seeing this one come together.

Tony

Nice, I built a Tamiya Mini for my missus, she wanted a checkered roof, I did my best...LOL

thanks guys, she has started putting a list together that she would like done. THe kit appears to be well formed, so i have been told, albeit a basic kit.

Another update #2.

The chassis has been painted and the interior masked.

post-15515-0-07799500-1430132245_thumb.jpost-15515-0-49883100-1430132279_thumb.j

Apologies for the crappy images, I'm still working out the lighting.
thankfully the wife has chosen a basic colour scheme, otherwise i would still be there with the tape and knife.

A long way to go before i am at the level of you guys, but i am sure having fun working towards that level.

Edited by AussieDave1968