Model Cars Magazine Forum

So I've been kicking around this crazy idea for a bit, I'm kinda planning as I go, as usual...

Armed with a doodle, some measurements I scaled out in Illustrator and a spare cab from a previous (poor) build I got to work.. Oh and a ton of sheet styrene.

The doodle..

1471B742-DD5B-45C7-8879-28675ECF15A9_zps

Started by stripping the cab (amazingly the windows were painted and they look saveable too) I then set that on a set of Moebius semi wheels and Pegasus 23's to check and see where I was.

DSC00102_zpsbnu8fecx.jpg

then I got to work with a Xacto, a ruler and a bunch of .040 sheet....

DSC00124_zps1vj6f9jj.jpg

DSC00123_zpswuhwllxw.jpg

DSC00121_zpspegzakvz.jpg

DSC00118_zps9m5ywrmw.jpg

Obviously a ton of work ahead, but I cant stop smiling.. this one should be FUN!

• Like 1

Now this is cool!Wonder what this will be haulin?You might consider Utah for the state design on the out side of the box and some salt flats views as well.

I might be tempted to make up an imaginary state of my own like the state of "Confusion" and sticker bomb it with question marks.

I'm probably going with the generic older logos and stripes. Might even "remove" some. Keep in mind this is a late 80s early 90s body style, they were a little more simple then.

Little weathering here and there too. Like someone bought it, bagged it and had some fun.

I'm currently debating weather I want to have the rear open up or not.. I'm leaning towards doing so

Edited by exesivefire