Model Cars Magazine Forum

I personally will vote for an open door on that very cool cargo box.Maybe you could have people vote on this forum for what they would like to see you do.Have everyone that has opinion send you their vote taped to a nice new crisp dollar bill(only kidding of course).Then you count all the votes,announce the results and use the money you got to finish the model however you wanted to in the first place!

I personally will vote for an open door on that very cool cargo box.Maybe you could have people vote on this forum for what they would like to see you do.Have everyone that has opinion send you their vote taped to a nice new crisp dollar bill(only kidding of course).Then you count all the votes,announce the results and use the money you got to finish the model however you wanted to in the first place!

haha! 

I've figured out a few ways I "could" do the door. What I'm challenging myself with is deciding if it's worth the trouble. Once the model is finished how am I likely to have it displayed? Opening and closing is a novelty at that point, and I'm debating if it's nessisary. 

WELL how I'd look at if it were me, your gonna make it open, if you go through all the work to make it happen, THEN if you want, you can make it that you, yourself can open it as people watch when on display, or have it closed and no one would know it opened till YOU mentioned it that you made it happen....

Honestly, I vote to make it open.... just to add to the conversational piece it has already become! Just one more high-end detail subject going into it. THEN take and make up a BOAT LOAD of little kit boxes to fill it with LOL OR print out a picture of stacked up boxes in your collection and put that picture on a piece of plastic nearest the doors inside to look as tho its fulla model kits! OR.. you could really fancy and build a 1/25th scale motorcycle to stand in there as tho its being transported somewhere, or going to a custom shop. LOL The possibilities with an opening rear door, is really endless!

• 6 months later...

Any update on this project?Are you planning on attending the NNL nationals in October again?

this and all my other projects kind of stalled for the summer while I played with real cars. 

Now that the shows are starting back up, I'm sure I'll get going soon. And yes we plan on going to the NNL in Toledo.

I'm thinking of switching gears and making this a curbside build.. I can swap the cab for another kit I have here so the smooth core support area won't be a waste. 

I just keep thinking about how I would display this model.. And if the extra effort to fully detail under the hood and chassis is worth it. I wouldn't have it on a display stand I don't think. And it kind of looks better with the hood closed. So that's a lot of extra work for not a lot of viewing. 

On the flip side, I'll know it's there and that's good enough for me. 

Hmmmm 

• 7 years later...
On 1/26/2024 at 10:25 PM, exesivefire said:

Life happened and it got packed away. Hopefully one day soon I’ll finish this one up.

I hope you find the time to finish it Andy. Fantastic work all around!👍 I especially like that scratch built supercharger Idea!😎

• Like 1