Model Cars Magazine Forum

Several years ago I bought an aluminum modeling ruler under the name"MURPHEY'S RULE III".I do a lot of scratch building so is is a very valuable tool.Printed right on the face is this information:1/25 SCALE:1'=.480"/=31/64"/12.2mm.I hope this helps elimenate some guess work for everyone.

Well a half inch would be a foot in 24th scale slightly less in 25th

THANK YOU! (I'm not sure others were understanding what I was trying to ask! I THINK the thickness of the line on the 1/2 inch mark BOTH "0" AND the other end at an exact 1/2 inch would be 1/25th just a little under that as i know its merely thousandths of an inch LESS then 1/24th.

Several years ago I bought an aluminum modeling ruler under the name"MURPHEY'S RULE III".I do a lot of scratch building so is is a very valuable tool.Printed right on the face is this information:1/25 SCALE:1'=.480"/=31/64"/12.2mm.I hope this helps elimenate some guess work for everyone.

OK Did a quick Google search, the "MURPHEY'S RULE III" comes up with nothing, ANY manufacturer name on that ruler? (I'd LOVE to find a 1/24th and or a 1/25th scale ruler, IF not BOTH of them marked on it......

OK Did a quick Google search, the "MURPHEY'S RULE III" comes up with nothing, ANY manufacturer name on that ruler? (I'd LOVE to find a 1/24th and or a 1/25th scale ruler, IF not BOTH of them marked on it......

Amazon has one I think just google 1 25 ruler

I got mine from micromark. I think it was only $3.00 (U.S.). It was that or squadron mail order. Either one will have it.

I got mine from micromark. I think it was only $3.00 (U.S.). It was that or squadron mail order. Either one will have it.

-I'll be lookin through my latest Micro-Mark catalog to see what they have...... Yours a fate rule, OR the triangular one?

found a parts box axle, cut the center pumpkin out and made my own tubes> now I have a pretty good foundation to build off of. I like to put a metal tube through for stability and strength. Shouldn't have to worry about the axle "bowing" this way.

DSC00198_zps6w213vwy.jpg

DSC00202_zpsuuluuphe.jpg

DSC00208_zpsnchocjim.jpg

I am going to have to notch the cross-member or two just forward of the axle though for drive-shaft clearance.