Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973 Mercury Cougar "barn find"

Piero

Very very nicely done. If I may pick one nit, and this is almost always overlooked by builders of "junked" cars. Too much tread left on the tires. A car is this shape would almost always have bald or near bald tires. It is a very small detail but as a contest judge I don't know how many "weathered" car I have seen and when you look at the tires, they are either bright and shiny(which you did not leave that way) or fully inflated(which you also did not do). Looks very realistic. Great job.

Excellent work on this Mercury. Rusting is much harder than doing a shiny paint job so I have to give you a big credit for doing so good job on it. Looks just like many cars are seen on eBay auctions... "Pretty solid project car. It has some rust on quarter panels and on rear floors. Engine is not running"

My favorite parts are those brakes. They look super realistic, especially the one without a brake drum. Did you scratchbuild the brake shoes or where are they from?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/30/2020 at 6:03 AM, peteski said:

How did you guys find this thread from 2015?

Last time the guy who built this model visited here was February 23, 2018 . He won't see your praises.  :mellow:

I'm still there ! 😁
I didn't work on model cars a lot these last years,

• Like 1