Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #159 FINISHED!

At last! Oh well, got that one wrong. I had decided that it was a Moon which is very similar, but not the same. Really frustrating because I'd looked at Dort and decided that wasn't right and even though there were refences to Gray Dort, I didn't follow them up. Sloppy research. The subject was so obviously North American that I confined my searches to "American automobiles", "American manufacturers" etc, of course, this failed to bring up anything with a Canadian accent. I wish I was half as smart as I think I am. Well done Harry, you really gave my brain (and my typing finger) a work out this week. Roll on Sunday!

I also found the Moon, but wasn't happy with it, and kept looking.

Yep, the clues are all there for anybody who chooses to see them!

I agree with Harry on the windshield, it had much nicer proportions on the Moon.

Edited by dw1603

I don't think that windshield is too tall--Dort was about the size of a Model T--and like just about every other car on the market at the time, drivers and passengers sat bolt upright--as if they were in straight-back chairs, along with men wearing rather tall, crowned felt hats wherever they went.

Art