Model Cars Magazine Forum

What happens when boredom sets in...

restoman

Waiting for some parts and foil and saw this sorry looking kit in the stack.

I initially thought of a body shop look - different colour door and fender, missing trim, maybe some rust, etc. Then thought of a wrecked car... have never done one, so...

post-14849-0-55114800-1430760040_thumb.j

post-14849-0-97663300-1430760060_thumb.j

post-14849-0-33199900-1430760080_thumb.j

It's not a very good kit so cutting it up was easy! :)

Very nice work. What technique did you use in making the wrecked body panels? Did you make the fender and hood out of aluminum and then "wreck it" or did you modify the kit plastic?. The busted windshield is great too.

Edited by Rotorbolt73

I cut the fender off, bought some throw away foil trays at the dollar store, cut one up and rubbed it out against the fender and hood until it looked right. I left the shape big enough to fold the edges over the fender and hood edges for some strength.

It really didn't take long at all.

I think I'll do the same for the rad support, maybe even the bumper.

There's nothing on the backside of the new/wrecked panels to give anything strength - I was thinking of mixing some epoxy glue and coating the backsides... ?

No, he means Camaro

The next time you watch Vanishing Point, watch the final scene closely- you'll notice they used a '67 (?) Camaro instead of the Dodge for the actual crash. It's a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of thing, but it is there.

No, he means Camaro

The next time you watch Vanishing Point, watch the final scene closely- you'll notice they used a '67 (?) Camaro instead of the Dodge for the actual crash. It's a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of thing, but it is there.

i think ill have to put my dvd in and slo-mo the end now.