Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Chevelle SS 396 Z-16 (Under Glass 7-July-15)

taaron76

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. We took 7 days and relaxed in the lake house at Smith Mountain Lake, VA. Did some skiing, did some fishing, and a whole lot of relaxing. Anyhow, I was waiting on my PE seatbelt buckles to come in before I started buttoning it up and they arrived while we were gone. I've just about got this one finished, just some minor things to clean up, adjust the doors and trunk a little and a few things here and there. Front bumper has to be mounted too... Here are a few pics of the updates. Thanks for looking!

Tim

The exact stance I was looking for!

AC5-vi.jpg

Engine bay wired up and plumbed...

AC7-vi.jpg

AC6-vi.jpg

AC4-vi.jpg

AC3-vi.jpg

AC2-vi.jpg

AC1-vi.jpg

Morning Tim, glad you had a good time for the fourth of July. The wife and I did as well. Your Chevelle is looking outstanding my friend. If your anything like me, with my Nova builds, you'll be glad to see the finish line with this one. It's nice when everything comes together like you plan it ain't it.

Morning Tim, glad you had a good time for the fourth of July. The wife and I did as well. Your Chevelle is looking outstanding my friend. If your anything like me, with my Nova builds, you'll be glad to see the finish line with this one. It's nice when everything comes together like you plan it ain't it.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this build, so much that I have been on the phone with JJ Best a lot over the past two weeks to purchase one, but haven't found the right one. Its between a '65-'67 Chevelle, or a'67-'69 Camaro. It sure is nice when it all comes together, thats for sure! I've got a few on the bench waiting in line, but this one was a major step for, as all of them are. Taking ideas from you and others and then throwing in some of my own visions about what I want the car to look like is the best part. I've learned A LOT over the past 6 months. Thanks!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...