Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revells next release from the Model A Roadster tool - a 30/31 Coupe

so (I am a little slow sometimes)...does this mean Revell is also releasing this coupe with a significant number of new parts besides the body, to join the 29 roadster? in 2015 also (per the linked story)?

if so, wow. looks like a couple of home runs!

jb

so (I am a little slow sometimes)...does this mean Revell is also releasing this coupe with a significant number of new parts besides the body, to join the 29 roadster? in 2015 also (per the linked story)?

Yes, that seems to be the case. I would expect a Model A coupe kit to arrive at least a few months after the roadster, so maybe early '16 or so?

Thank you for posting that link, Chris. :)

But man why use a chevy small block? There are plenty of rare grail-type engines that would have been better. A 325 Red Ram hemi for instance?

SBC engines make good junk pieces in junkyard scenes! :lol: They don't interest me too much, except for Potvin blown ones. If I end up getting one of these, I'll drop a Cadillac or Poncho engine in it.

Use the Caddy mill from the Merc wagon.

I know there are options guys, but I'm just saying why make a new version of something we already have in LOTS of kits. There are so many holy grail engines for hot rods (like the nailhead they are giving us in the roadster) that another SBC is just kinda silly really. They just did that in the Rat Roaster.

How about a 270 Dodge, with Red Ram hemi heads or a 325 with polyspherical heads. A good Chevy 348/409 with finned valve covers and aircleaner, a tri-powered Olds rocket.

I'm just saying they had other options besides the same-old-same-old. I don't usually do much complaining in these threads, I'm just glad they are still making new kits. I'll get off my soap box now.

I know there are options guys, but I'm just saying why make a new version of something we already have in LOTS of kits. There are so many holy grail engines for hot rods (like the nailhead they are giving us in the roadster) that another SBC is just kinda silly really. They just did that in the Rat Roaster.

How about a 270 Dodge, with Red Ram hemi heads or a 325 with polyspherical heads. A good Chevy 348/409 with finned valve covers and aircleaner, a tri-powered Olds rocket.

I'm just saying they had other options besides the same-old-same-old. I don't usually do much complaining in these threads, I'm just glad they are still making new kits. I'll get off my soap box now.

Then write a polite letter to Revell, what engines you would like in what and why it is a great idea.

Companies do listen, but do know that esoteric options are a hard sell, they rather go for something that is sell able to the broadest audience possible within each modeling segment.