Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revells next release from the Model A Roadster tool - a 30/31 Coupe

This is very frustrating, the 29 Roadster was released two months ago but still no word of its release here in Oz. If the 30 Coupe gets a release in the States soon I have no doubt I will have to wait till next year before its released in Oz. I missed out on the Stacy David 32 Roadster because it seems no hobby shops here wanted to stock it. I can't afford to miss out on this one or the Roadster. I am starting to think I may need to go down the Ebay option if I don't get word on the release of either of these.

It seems with the rather large Australian participation on this forum some of the on-line stores would sell and ship to Australia. I would be willing to go down there to check out the scene and find a distributor for a small fee, airfare, and daily per-diem to cover the hotel, steak dinner, and a couple of Tooheys.

This is very frustrating, the 29 Roadster was released two months ago but still no word of its release here in Oz. If the 30 Coupe gets a release in the States soon I have no doubt I will have to wait till next year before its released in Oz. I missed out on the Stacy David 32 Roadster because it seems no hobby shops here wanted to stock it. I can't afford to miss out on this one or the Roadster. I am starting to think I may need to go down the Ebay option if I don't get word on the release of either of these.

Stacy David kit wasn't licensed for sale outside of US.  I was working for a distributor at the time, we couldn't even ship them to Canada.  Of course, if you buy one retail you could ship it anywhere, just not wholesale. 

I used to have a wholesale customer in Australia who bought US car kits but I can't for the life of me remember his or the business name. And I don't work there anymore, so I can't check my sales records! 

We ( megahobby.com) ship worldwide, too.   

Edited by Brett Barrow

Hmmm, well that explains that, its a real shame, I think there would have been quite a few over here that would have purchased the kit, myself included.

Hi guys

Unfortunately we have the same problem in Perth and asked the local hobby shops and got the standard "not sure when they are going to arrive" response, so I ordered my 29 Model A kits from Model Roundup and they equated to about $47 (depending on exchange rate obviously) each shipped and received them in 14 days.

Edited by 59 Buick
Grammer

Hi , the model A roadster kit is in Australia. They are imported by Southern Hobbies  a wholesaler you can order one through your local hobby shop.

This is what I did, picked it up last Monday, cost $44. Good luck.

Cheers..........Frank

• 3 months later...

The main thing I would like to find out is the rear arrangement  of this Coupe kit. is it going to have the exact same rear end as in the 29 roadster? When is Revell finally going to give us a nice quickchange rear? Both a traditional leaf spring on axle and JAg type IRS quickchanges are looooong overdue. Is anybody listening over there?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
5 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Am I right in thinking the Deuce grill wasn't included this time around?

From the images available for viewing online, I would say yes, the Deuce grille is not included this time around. I found no viewable instruction sheet on Revell's site, so hard to say for sure at this point.

Note they also are NOT showing the Halibrand-style mags, either.

Might not mean anything.  History shows that the people responsible for box art and promotional  photos often dont have much insight into the specific kit, including certain features that should be highlighted

Just one example: when old Revell brought out the "Special Edition" version of the 1968 Charger, they added correct steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps that weren't in previous versions.   (Magnum 500's were not correct for a factory stock Hemi car)  You'd never know it from looking at the box though, since there wasn't a single picture, or even a description of it.

Hoping its a similar situation here...

10 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Note they also are NOT showing the Halibrand-style mags, either.

The Halibrands and SBC are currently featured in the 29 roadster kit as part of Revells habit of getting multiple "versions" of kits by simply switching parts around.

I'm just glad to have the Nailhead available again.

I can hope that the Halibrands are also included in the Coupe kit also.

Given the location of the parts on the sprues, as shown in the other thread, It would add to the work load to clip them off individually, but as others have said, "stranger things have happened".

While I agree with Tim Boyd about the delay in the release of this kit being worthy of note, for all the good things the new Revell has demonstrated, Quick Response to changing market conditions is not one of them. This has to be the slowest OODA Loop, I've seen in a customer facing company. They are not just conservative, they have been Sloth-Like in responding to the obvious questions their dwindling corps of customers have. A look at the product listings at the current company website tells a horrible story. The product offering by category are down 50% in some places. Admittedly, the Airplanes are still relatively well covered, but the rest..........

Time will tell. Maybe the shock of the Bankruptcy is beginning to wear off, after 3 years? Maybe Quantum just needed this long to re-arrange the deck chairs, before starting the voyage? Maybe, for business reasons, everything behind the scenes had to be perfect, before business could go forward?  Or, the worst fears of the Doom & Gloom crowd are manifesting, and having a group of "Green Eye Shade" Number Crunchers run a Hobby Business is turning into the fiasco that they had predicted. 

I do not for a minute believe the last one!  The Bronco Half Cab & Dune Buggy w/ a Trailer kit was inspired. I nurture the "perhaps Misplaced" hope that Revell will release a second version of the new Landy with the spare where it belongs down on the bonnet, rather than the 1 in a 100,000 machine that they chose to copy. And Revell is scheduled to share news at the soon to happen Vegas Show. So, I'm planning on seeing good things.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alexis said:

Time will tell. Maybe the shock of the Bankruptcy is beginning to wear off, after 3 years? Maybe Quantum just needed this long to re-arrange the deck chairs, before starting the voyage? Maybe, for business reasons, everything behind the scenes had to be perfect, before business could go forward? 

Looking at the automotive releases announced within just the last couple weeks seems to point to the ice breaking up. The items announced are decidedly bent towards the North American market, so the thaw may be in progress. Here's to hoping this is the beginning of the snowball.

Please forgive the winter analogies. It's hot as heck here today